Samsung Message App glitch

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with the Samsung messaging app (Default Texting App)? As soon as I send a text message it does a little glitch animation when sending an app. Like, when I press to send the text message jumps up and down and then sends.

I have a video of it but I can't upload it on here.

Please help as I would just like to use the default app and not a third party texting app.

Thank you!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with the Samsung messaging app (Default Texting App)? As soon as I send a text message it does a little glitch animation when sending an app. Like, when I press to send the text message jumps up and down and then sends.

I have a video of it but I can't upload it on here.

Please help as I would just like to use the default app and not a third party texting app.

Thank you!
Hi, can't say I've experienced this .
Have you tried long pressing it and clear cache and force stop?

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I have done that. I've also cleared the cache in recovery mode and factory reset the phone and the issue is still there :(

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
When I message in a group conversion, it doesn't give me the issue just only in a single text.

I also posted this on another forum, and someone is asking me for my baseband version. I'm not sure if that's safe to do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I message in a group conversion, it doesn't give me the issue just only in a single text.

I also posted this on another forum, and someone is asking me for my baseband version. I'm not sure if that's safe to do.
Yeah baseband is safe
I believe so, I update everything.
I'm on August security
Have you tried safe mode to eliminate any third party app interference?

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Yup, did that too. I also had it in safe mode and tried sending out a text, and still the same.

I guess I will just use google message until maybe a new software update arrives. haha.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yup, did that too. I also had it in safe mode and tried sending out a text, and still the same.

I guess I will just use google message until maybe a new software update arrives. haha.
Yeah must be a glitch , surprised not happening on mine , not that I want it to lol

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
yes, it's unfortunate because the default texting app is nice especially when it works well with night mode when I turn it on. Its just the little things, like the glitch that bothers me haha.

One other issue I came across and I've seen it from other articles. "Group conversations will be sent as multimedia message" warning pops up every time I open up my group conversation. Idk if there's a way to disable that. Everyone saying there isn't a way. Figured I'd ask you. lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yes, it's unfortunate because the default texting app is nice especially when it works well with night mode when I turn it on. Its just the little things, like the glitch that bothers me haha.

One other issue I came across and I've seen it from other articles. "Group conversations will be sent as multimedia message" warning pops up every time I open up my group conversation. Idk if there's a way to disable that. Everyone saying there isn't a way. Figured I'd ask you. lol
Yeah I can definitely understand that , would bother me also lol.
It's a long shot but can try reset app preference incase any restrictions in message app , go phone settings>apps tap>3 dots upper right corner tap>scroll down and reset it .
Make sure no medium power saving or adaptive power saving on also.

I didn't ask but you using any launcher or Good lock?

I also have a screenshot of the settings in message app , might be helpful there for notifications on group chats ilm provide screenshotScreenshot_20190813-225516_Messages.jpeg

Edmazing

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Did the reset. I don't have any launchers installed. Everything on my phone is on default settings. and my messenger app is on the same settings just like the screenshot you gave me.

I really do appreciate the fast replies and the help my dude!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did the reset. I don't have any launchers installed. Everything on my phone is on default settings. and my messenger app is on the same settings just like the screenshot you gave me.

I really do appreciate the fast replies and the help my dude!
No problem , your welcome.
So the reset didn't help? Or you need to try it ?