Battery life

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Keep in mind that the estimate takes into account that you are going to use the phone the way you've been using it. So it's estimating about 4hrs of sot, and with a mediocre cell strength connection, it seems normal.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I guess I'm just used to using a device that keeps me having all day battery. Ever since I had my V30, I've had amazing battery life without doing anything to conserve it other than lowering brightness to 80%. I've tried different things. Done with it though. I returned it. I'm still going the Samsung route for now though. T-Mobile had a recent deal on the Note 9 brand new and picked one up instead for 200 dollars cheaper than the S10 and only 50 dollars down. 4000 mah battery should last me all day long.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Right on. Let us know how it goes.
I guess I'm just used to using a device that keeps me having all day battery. Ever since I had my V30, I've had amazing battery life without doing anything to conserve it other than lowering brightness to 80%. I've tried different things. Done with it though. I returned it. I'm still going the Samsung route for now though. T-Mobile had a recent deal on the Note 9 brand new and picked one up instead for 200 dollars cheaper than the S10 and only 50 dollars down. 4000 mah battery should last me all day long.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Note 9 one of my favorites , the battery was a beast on it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

So glad you traded to something that will make your user experience all the more enjoyable! Enjoy your Note 9! I've heard awesome things about it.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Not that it has anything to do with anything and I know so far my SOT has been slightly less than when I used the S10 the other day... But this is my battery with my V30 today since taking it off the charger at 5AM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218-145139.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218-145139.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 15

Mercy Seat

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Re: Batteryt life :The battery life is fantastic

I see what you are saying. I don't really like seeing my battery percentage indicator on my S10's lockscreen. My battery life is pretty good - I'm a moderate/light user though. I listen to about an hour of music a day; have data on all day; make a few phone calls; use it for an hour on my lunch break at work; and I can usually come home with about 60-65% left.

Standby time leaves a bit to be desired, to be honest; but I'd rather the battery last the way it is based on my usage patterns.

Carolina MiC

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
I'd have to say I'm a light user during the workday. However, my battery life seems to be ok. Actually if I use fast charge all the time, my battery hovers around 70 to 100%. This is because I have wireless fast charging in the car and I'm in the road 30 minutes both ways for work. Generally speaking this S10+ is the best phone I've ever touched.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'd have to say I'm a light user during the workday. However, my battery life seems to be ok. Actually if I use fast charge all the time, my battery hovers around 70 to 100%. This is because I have wireless fast charging in the car and I'm in the road 30 minutes both ways for work. Generally speaking this S10+ is the best phone I've ever touched.
Welcome to the forums by the way.

Rebecca Laughlin

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
I see what you are saying. I don't really like seeing my battery percentage indicator on my S10's lockscreen. My battery life is pretty good - I'm a moderate/light user though. I listen to about an hour of music a day; have data on all day; make a few phone calls; use it for an hour on my lunch break at work; and I can usually come home with about 60-65% left.

Standby time leaves a bit to be desired, to be honest; but I'd rather the battery last the way it is based on my usage patterns.

Last edited:

Rebecca Laughlin

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
I've already had to replace my s10 after having it less than 3 months. Apparently "Connect your charger"(when it's already connected) is a common issue, aling with estimated charging to full battery ua over 6 hours.
I'm fearful the s10 is under 12 months factory warranty, especially since the phone hadn't been damaged.
I really wanted to like this phone, but it's causing more inconveniences than conveniences for me right now

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I've already had to replace my s10 after having it less than 3 months. Apparently "Connect your charger"(when it's already connected) is a common issue, aling with estimated charging to full battery ua over 6 hours.
I'm fearful the s10 is under 12 months factory warranty, especially since the phone hadn't been damaged.
I really wanted to like this phone, but it's causing more inconveniences than conveniences for me right now

Honestly, I agree. The battery issue along with the inconvenience of not being able to get a good case with built in screen protector and it seems lack of good tempered glass screen protector choices besides ones that are 30-50 dollars, more trouble than what it's worth. That's why I sent it back. But, to each their own.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Are you going to get another phone or stick it out with your S10?