Ring tones

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the preinstalled ringtones, or custom ringtones you saved to the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Preinstalled ringtones won't be in the user-accessible /Ringtones directory -- that's just for the user to place custom ringtones.

So you're saying that when you go to select a new ringtone, the list comes up blank? Does it look like a different screen that comes up to choose a ringtone? If you happened to select a different app to complete the action of searching for a ringtone (e.g., with a 3rd party file manager app), that can sometimes mess things up.

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Preinstalled ringtones won't be in the user-accessible /Ringtones directory -- that's just for the user to place custom ringtones.

So you're saying that when you go to select a new ringtone, the list comes up blank? Does it look like a different screen that comes up to choose a ringtone? If you happened to select a different app to complete the action of searching for a ringtone (e.g., with a 3rd party file manager app), that can sometimes mess things up.

It was after the last update I discovered my phone didn't ring just vibrated and the ring tone setting was grayed out. I rebooted the phone and my previous ring tone worked. Then I went to the ring tone list and it was blank. Then I tried using the ES File Explorer to look for them but the ring tone folder was empty.

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Go into my files app and see if you can find it in download files or other files , if not try downloading again and out in ringtone files

The one I downloaded does show up in the ring tone folder but when selected a message pops up saying "wrong file type, please select again".

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy, you nailed it. I booted into safe mode and the ring tones were back in the phone settings. Then I restarted and uninstalled the ES file explorer and everything is back to normal. Thanks to all of you.