Samsung call recorder

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. First call recording is permitted in my country and I really need it. However there is a probem with my recorder, it does not record some calls although I set it as automically recording for all calls. Does anyone encounter this and how to fix?
Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys. First call recording is permitted in my country and I really need it. However there is a probem with my recorder, it does not record some calls although I set it as automically recording for all calls. Does anyone encounter this and how to fix?
Thanks.
Your one of the lucky ones , here in the US they didn't add it, if it has a app in the app drawer can long press it and clear cache and force stop it and reboot the device see how it acts after that .

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Your one of the lucky ones , here in the US they didn't add it, if it has a app in the app drawer can long press it and clear cache and force stop it and reboot the device see how it acts after that .

Thanks for quick response. It apears during a call and in setting there are 2 options, one is manual, another is automical, I set it to automical, but even when its not automical, I tried to make it manually but it did not work, this happens for some calls only.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for quick response. It apears during a call and in setting there are 2 options, one is manual, another is automical, I set it to automical, but even when its not automical, I tried to make it manually but it did not work, this happens for some calls only.
Ok , did you look and see if that sound record is in your app drawer ?

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I understand , what I wanted to know is there app for record in app drawer if not , I want you go into settings>apps and search for voice record so you clear cache and force stop it and see if it will help your issues.

Sorry I confused you. It is neither in app drawer nor in settings>apps. It is more like a fuction of call app and its setting is there (in the call app).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I confused you. It is neither in app drawer nor in settings>apps. It is more like a fuction of call app and its setting is there (in the call app).
No worries, the only thing I can suggest is long press the phone dialer icon then >info>clear cache >force stop and restart your phone and try see if that fixes it .

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
No worries, the only thing I can suggest is long press the phone dialer icon then >info>clear cache >force stop and restart your phone and try see if that fixes it .

OMG I found that it only records incoming calls, not the calls I make. So it has been not fixed yet. I tried to search about this issue but no result.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
But the icon shows on the calls you make? Badly-designed app.

You can always try Call Recorder. (It may take a bit of experimentation to find out which method works with your phone, but usually one of them does. And you can have a "flying button" (it appears on the screen at all times, but you can move it around).

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
But the icon shows on the calls you make? Badly-designed app.

You can always try Call Recorder. (It may take a bit of experimentation to find out which method works with your phone, but usually one of them does. And you can have a "flying button" (it appears on the screen at all times, but you can move it around).

Yes it shows on the calls I make, it doesn't just work either by manual or automical. I am not sure its badly designed because I can not find any similar complaint in history. Perhaps something happens with android 9 pie, I heard Google restricted call recorder. For example a third party recorder ACR still works but in a limited way (not showing names), or something wrong in my device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its not about sofware update. Some other s10e users still record all calls normally.
I just tried again to clear cache, remove phone update, restart. It worked for only first call I made, then it has stopped working.
Look for voice record in battery optimized list and toggle it off