06-04-2020 10:40 PM
47 12
tools
    I love the size of this phone but the camera is terrible. The focus is so bizarre....no matter what I do every shot looks like a portrait shot.

One thing will be in focus and everything else will have a serious blur to it. I've tried tapping to change focus and the camera does a weird "zoom" to refocus, and then it just focuses on the area I tapped on and everything else is severely blurred.

I'm shooting in the default camera mode and it keeps doing a portrait style focus. So annoying.
    05-12-2020 09:08 AM
    We have other threads that discuss the shallow depth of field. I assume you have Ultra. Which lens are you shooting with?
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-12-2020 02:03 PM
    We have other threads that discuss the shallow depth of field. I assume you have Ultra. Which lens are you shooting with?
    Sorry, and yes I have the ultra. It's the main rear lens when i double press the power button to launch the camera. When in the app, the middle lens (two little tree icon) is selected.
    05-12-2020 11:12 PM
    Sorry, and yes I have the ultra. It's the main rear lens when i double press the power button to launch the camera. When in the app, the middle lens (two little tree icon) is selected.
    How much distance between the subject and the blur?
    05-13-2020 05:12 PM
    So the subject will be 100% in focus but the background is almost completely blurred. Looks like a crappy effect from a free photo editing app. Or really bad portrait mode
    05-14-2020 11:18 PM
    So the subject will be 100% in focus but the background is almost completely blurred. Looks like a crappy effect from a free photo editing app. Or really bad portrait mode
    You're probably real close to your subject
    05-15-2020 08:57 AM
    You're probably real close to your subject
    Not always unfortunately. It just kind of "hunts" for focus. Either it will eventually find a subject to focus on and destroy the background or it will continue to hunt.

Very rarely will it find focus and make it look like a normal shot. Went back to my note 10+ today and it keeps saying moisture in the charge port. I can't win.
    05-15-2020 07:13 PM
    Not always unfortunately. It just kind of "hunts" for focus. Either it will eventually find a subject to focus on and destroy the background or it will continue to hunt.

Very rarely will it find focus and make it look like a normal shot. Went back to my note 10+ today and it keeps saying moisture in the charge port. I can't win.
    Mine is not behaving like that so something is wrong somewhere.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-15-2020 07:18 PM
    Mine is not behaving like that so something is wrong somewhere.
    I'm hoping att pushes the update soon.
    05-15-2020 07:21 PM
    I was finally able to sell my S20 Ultra and back to S20+ since that's my preferable size. As I mentioned in other posts Ultra was just too big and heavy for me. Loved the Note 10 size and S20+ is more suited for me. Settled now until smaller Note 20
    05-16-2020 02:26 PM
    I was finally able to sell my S20 Ultra and back to S20+ since that's my preferable size. As I mentioned in other posts Ultra was just too big and heavy for me. Loved the Note 10 size and S20+ is more suited for me. Settled now until smaller Note 20
    It's hard to keep track of you....lol

You're going to go with the smallest Note 20?
    bhatech and Gray Area like this.
    05-16-2020 02:35 PM
    It's hard to keep track of you....lol

You're going to go with the smallest Note 20?
    Yeah that's my preference and hopefully the smaller ones aren't held back that much compared to the bigger ones. Let's see but if everything equal without major difference then will go with smaller one.
    05-16-2020 03:23 PM
    I went the other way. Tried both and was convinced I wanted the 20+ and used it for a couple weeks, but missed the Ultra. Went back to the Ultra. It didn't help that I had connectivity issues with the 20+. I think I had a bad one. Rather than exchanging it, I returned it and went back to the Ultra. I had the Aura Blue 20+ from Best Buy -- man that is a good looking color! The Ultra is the right size for me and that screen is awesome! I always go without a case or with a minimal case, so the size of the Ultra doesn't bother me.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-16-2020 03:26 PM
    I went the other way. Tried both and was convinced I wanted the 20+ and used it for a couple weeks, but missed the Ultra. Went back to the Ultra. It didn't help that I had connectivity issues with the 20+. I think I had a bad one. Rather than exchanging it, I returned it and went back to the Ultra. I had the Aura Blue 20+ from Best Buy -- man that is a good looking color! The Ultra is the right size for me and that screen is awesome! I always go without a case or with a minimal case, so the size of the Ultra doesn't bother me.
    I can't go smaller. I just like the big phones.
    DanielLoreti likes this.
    05-16-2020 03:34 PM
    I can't go smaller. I just like the big phones.
    Same. I love big phones. I don't want to sell my ultra but the camera issues are annoying.

I'm assuming the s20+ doesn't have the issues the ultra has?
    05-28-2020 12:07 AM
    Same. I love big phones. I don't want to sell my ultra but the camera issues are annoying.

nope. Its the phone to get
    05-28-2020 06:04 PM

Depends on which issues you are referring to.
    If you're talking blurry low light pictures of pets and kids with high movement or Samsung smoothy processing nothing changes going with the S20+
    neil74 likes this.
    05-28-2020 06:38 PM

The last update took care of the AF.
    Gray Area likes this.
    The last update took care of the AF.
    What country are you in?
    What country are you in?
    US
    05-28-2020 06:39 PM
    US
    So how do you have the latest update? Unless you are referring to a different update.
    05-28-2020 06:54 PM
    So how do you have the latest update?
    I'm referring to that last May update that improved fingerprint scanner and camera . Is there another one already? I got that one late since I'm locked tmo, so there's probably another one already that I'm not aware of. My AF is very snappy now though.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-28-2020 06:58 PM
    I'm referring to that last May update that improved fingerprint scanner and camera . Is there another one already? I got that one late since I'm locked tmo, so there's probably another one already that I'm not aware of. My AF is very snappy now though.
    Yes there is another but not out yet in the U.S.
    05-28-2020 08:07 PM
    My daughter's S20 Ultra which I seem to inherit since she got a Galaxy Z flip has been working just fine. I tried various things to do with the camera which would require a quick focus and shoot and everythings grass m great..
    I love my note 10 plus but if Sammy don't blow me out of the water with the new Note 20, I'M keeping both the phones.

I think Samsung hiccup with having to go over the river and through the woods to achieve 120hz was ridiculous.
    All this time.
    I just leave it in is default mode and honestly It's totally awesome.
    I'll keep and eye on this focus issue though. So sorry you're having an issue.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-28-2020 09:13 PM
    Least the focus issues will be fixed with note 20 plus...well it should given it will have a lens for focusing.
    05-31-2020 07:16 AM
47 12