S20: Close up pictures STINK!

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
T-Mobile (USA) & Sprint as well as a couple of other U.S. SM-G988U models have received it so far. See... https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1002101&p=6795839&viewfull=1#post6795839

TMobile and sprint are one company now. Nothing from att or Verizon yet in usa as far as i know . def nothing for the unlocked us models yet. I have an unlocked ultra on TMobile and haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully we eventually get the update. Not sure why its being held up. Especially on the non carrier branded unlocked models. If you find anything out keep us posted.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I was under the impression that only the Ultras needed that fix
I wouldn't know about that Mike Dee, as I have an Ultra but if the S20 & S20+ models do not have an issue with close-up shots, then you are probably correct since Samsung have not included those 2 models in the fix for the TE6 update.

bobby35ny

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't know about that Mike Dee, as I have an Ultra but if the S20 & S20+ models do not have an issue with close-up shots, then you are probably correct since Samsung have not included those 2 models in the fix for the TE6 update.

Oh the base s20 has an issue with close up shots!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My S20 plus had a lot of trouble with my stop and shop app. Took forever to scan the barcodes. The pixel 3xl is instantaneous as was the oneplus 7t.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
That is interesting. People have complained about the ultra because it was so obvious. But I guess being unable to scan your shopping could be a big deal if you use that service. I use that service on my S10+ and it has been ok with scanning barcodes but it would put me off upgrading to the S20 if that was having issues with focus.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is interesting. People have complained about the ultra because it was so obvious. But I guess being unable to scan your shopping could be a big deal if you use that service. I use that service on my S10+ and it has been ok with scanning barcodes but it would put me off upgrading to the S20 if that was having issues with focus.

I have the Ultra so I can't try the S20 but I'll try the Ultra next time I go to Stop and Shop which is the only store that has that feature in my area. I prefer the handheld scanner they provide anyway so for me it's no loss. I do know I've been able to read bar codes with no issue for other things.