No more S20 Ultra for me...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My phone fell off the dash yesterday and cracked the screen and the screen is not very responsive now. I fortunately had asurion insurance on it.. but there are no ultra 512's to be found, Verizon, best buy, Samsung, normal routes that insurance would go thru.

They are sending me a check for $1,400 for replacement, I can buy any phone I want to, just have to send the receipt in when I do buy one. Looks like I'll be buying the note 20+ 512 version and be paying cash for it. Not bad since I was going to probably buy the note 20+ anyway.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry you'll need a new phone, but I'm glad you'll be able to get a new Note soon. That works out well for you.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, and I have the note 10+ to tide me over till then.

Well, that's certainly not a slouch phone to hold you over. I always kept my phone on a Nite-Ize Steelie mount in the rig. I tried several mount, but that plastic Bracketron crap is about as durable as Dollar store toilet paper, and twice as useless. The plastic gears in them kept breaking in half after a couple of months of highway pounding.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That's a nice turn of events. I'm sure you will come out on the better end of you apply a trade-in with your purchase. Nice of them to do that and not try to stick you with a less superior device.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd definitely keep the cash and the Note 10+ for at least another year.
That could happen, but doubtful. I like having a good back up phone for situations like this. If I didn't have this note 10+ for a back up, I would be without a phone right now. The ultra screen is more then cracked, it's very sporadic, does weird things, and almost completely unresponsive now. It's not just a cosmetic defect. I'm a firm believer in having a back up that I'm comfortable to use, another words I wouldn't want a note 4 as my back up.

I planned on going back to the note series and yearly upgrades anyway, twice a year is getting to expensive. If I get the note 20 ultra I'll be back on track, next year I'll trade the note 10+ in and the note ultra will become my back up and repeat year after year. I was looking at trading in the S20 ultra or note 10+ anyway, guess now the decision of which has been made for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's a nice turn of events. I'm sure you will come out on the better end of you apply a trade-in with your purchase. Nice of them to do that and not try to stick you with a less superior device.
They first sent me the 128 version, got that in yesterday. Called last night and reported that they sent the wrong one. They gave me a couple options. I could go buy one, send the receipt in and they would send me a check. Option 2, I could return the phone they sent me and they would refund the deductible.

Of course I told them option 2 was ridiculous, I paid for insurance there's money they owe. Option 1 I also said was ridiculous, I have insurance why should I have to tie my money up to get reimbursed, they could just order one from best buy, Verizon, or Samsung. Getting reimbursed with insurance is crazy, that's like if your car is totaled in a accident you have to go buy one and send the receipt in. After telling the rep that, I was transferred and I was gearing up for a battle. The next rep came on finally and there was no issue, she immediately said they will send me a check for $1,400 and explained how to send the receipt in. I asked about getting the note 20 with it, she said we don't care what phone you get, whatever phone you want.

I looked while on hold, the ultra 20 512 is not available anywhere. I seen 2 on swappa for $1,500, but they are used. I'll be curious how the note 20 release goes, I'm expecting shortages

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My phone fell off the dash yesterday and cracked the screen and the screen is not very responsive now. I fortunately had asurion insurance on it.. but there are no ultra 512's to be found, Verizon, best buy, Samsung, normal routes that insurance would go thru.

They are sending me a check for $1,400 for replacement, I can buy any phone I want to, just have to send the receipt in when I do buy one. Looks like I'll be buying the note 20+ 512 version and be paying cash for it. Not bad since I was going to probably buy the note 20+ anyway.

Try U Break I Fix stores if you can find one.

Logan Inkd

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site

Damn! Sorry to hear that man

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but that’s amazing luck lol
If you're saying I did it on purpose, sorry to burst your bubble. Asurion sent me a replacement. They sent the wrong one, it's currently on its way back. How am I suppose to know what asurion has available. Never Assume things.

Not going to lie, it worked out very well for me in the end

Edit.. Maybe I misinterpreted your post,. Just wanting to clarify I didn't intentionally do this.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you're saying I did it on purpose, sorry to burst your bubble. Asurion sent me a replacement. They sent the wrong one, it's currently on its way back. How am I suppose to know what asurion has available. Never ASSume things.

Not going to lie, it worked out very well for me in the end.
I didnt interpret it the way you did but I could certainly understand how you came to that conclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12