Verizon Messages+ pop up

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that this is actually an issue with my S20 FE specifically, but I didn't see this on the Pixel 3 XL I had previously.

I use Verizon Messages+ for my SMS app. I don't like the popups that it creates when I receive a message (main popup box in the middle of the screen). I have turned off that option in the app both overall and on individual conversations (contacts). The damn things keep popping up when I get a message.

I had popups checked with my Pixel 3 XL, but never actually saw any. Now, I see them and want them to be disabled and I can't figure out why they aren't already.

In addition to the toggles in the app, I've also looked at the general notifications settings for the app. There is no popup setting for general notifications.

I'm hoping someone may have had this wonky issue themselves and knows how to fix it.

Here's an example:

Screenshot_20201007-171928_Message+.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know that this is actually an issue with my S20 FE specifically, but I didn't see this on the Pixel 3 XL I had previously.

I use Verizon Messages+ for my SMS app. I don't like the popups that it creates when I receive a message (main popup box in the middle of the screen). I have turned off that option in the app both overall and on individual conversations (contacts). The damn things keep popping up when I get a message.

I had popups checked with my Pixel 3 XL, but never actually saw any. Now, I see them and want them to be disabled and I can't figure out why they aren't already.

In addition to the toggles in the app, I've also looked at the general notifications settings for the app. There is no popup setting for general notifications.

I'm hoping someone may have had this wonky issue themselves and knows how to fix it.

Here's an example:

View attachment 327482

I would try to uninstall the latest updates (don't think you can completely uninstall) back to the stock version then reinstall. If there haven't been any updates, perhaps you can clear cache and data.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I would try to uninstall the latest updates (don't think you can completely uninstall) back to the stock version then reinstall. If there haven't been any updates, perhaps you can clear cache and data.

Thanks. I personalize the app quite a bit and would really like to not have to do it all again. There's no option to backup personalization in the app.

I may have to decide which is the bigger pain.

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that a feature in Goodlock? I could be wrong but think I remember seeing that option in there.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's under edge lighting. Have you tried that?

Thanks. I just toggled off the Messages+ app in the Edge Lighting settings. I still got the popup. It looks like that feature in Edge Lighting creates a popup if you pull down on the notification. My popups appear on their own.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking I'll just reinstall the app and hope that fixes it. I just wish I could backup my personalization first.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I seen this in setting inside the app under notification.

This was your issue View attachment 327505

Thanks. Yeah, I was almost certain I had checked all settings including that one, but I think I somehow missed it.

In testing it out just now, this setting sort of sucks, because it overrides individual popup settings for each notification. It shows the popup for every message you receive via the app, whether you toggle popup on or not for individuals in the notification/personalization settings.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and using on my unlocked Note 20 Ultra with T-Mobile SIM lol it has rcs messages

Verizon Messages+ is intended to be used by anyone, regardless of carrier. Sort of like BBM was intended to be used regardless of handset. For bloatware, it's pretty good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty