Android 11 Talkback problem.

Matt9236

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I just installed the Android 11 update on my phone last night, and since I downloaded it I've been having issues with the talkback screen reader. The accessibility volume is too loud, even at five percent. Never had this issue on android 10. Is this a wide spread issue or just me? I factory reset and everything, and that didn't fix it, so I'm guessing it's not just me. Is there any quick fix for this or just wait for a patch?

n1umjjohn

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, haven't figured out how to fix it but it's driving me up a wall. I can't stand this I need it to go softer,I don't need everyone anywhere near me to know what
I'm doing.

Matt9236

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Is there a way to install Google's talkback instead of the new galaxy store version? I don't know how they managed to remove voice assistant, and replace it with their own version of talkback, which is worse than Voice assistant, and now we can't even install Google's talkback anymore.

Matt9236

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I think I found a temporary fix for this problem. If you use the vocalizer TTS voices, you can go into the vocalizer app and force vocalizer volume over system volume. This is the only fix I've found until they eventually fix talkback. It's still annoying because you can't adjust the voice with the volume buttons, but at least it's not screaming at you all the time.

mirnabear815

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
I understand about your "talk back' problems with Android 11 too on a Samsung phone. And I put Talkback in quotes because their imitation talkback is just that, an imitation and a poor substitute at that. First and for most, I can't even use the continuous reading function on the Kindle application anymore! Second of all, the typing experience is slow. You have to either single-tap on each letter which is difficult when you're totally blind, or you have to do that horrific double-tapping on each letter taught beginning touch typests. This ridiculous and avoidable situation makes me so enraged. The fact that they unnecessarily went and broke VoiceAssistant, replaced Google's Talkback with their own overlay which is inferior to Google's for no reason what so ever! And the crazy thing is that I have been reading reviews about their horrible Talkback and they have been going on for months, and Samsung has not given a damn about fixing it. I am seriously considering trading in all of my Samsung devices and getting a Google pixel phone because if I can't read Kindle books on my tablet or phone, they are pretty much useless to me. I don't know how Google allowed this. This Talkback is a disgrace to blind people, and I am even considering suing Samsung just because I haven't been able to read my books because I am just so angra!
What's even crazier is that I found out that their Talkback was the Samsung app by chance. I happened to go in the Galaxy store and noticed. They don't even tell you that! It is no wonder that the Google representative had no idea when I meant that things were not accessible on the Kindle app anymore. It's not Google's Talkback that's broken, it's Samsung's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non