Why the 45W fast charger not supported?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The 25w is much faster , I would go with that .
@mustang7757: may i ask if you know why they call the 25-watt charger as the "travel charger"?

it seems odd to me because there's not much "travel" related about this charger, since it is almost identical to a number of other Samsung chargers. the metal prongs of the plug itself doesn't go in (recess) and come out for easier storage in a suitcase, for example. i thought it was strange to call and consider this a "travel adapter".

look forward to hearing!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757: may i ask if you know why they call the 25-watt charger as the "travel charger"?

it seems odd to me because there's not much "travel" related about this charger, since it is almost identical to a number of other Samsung chargers. the metal prongs of the plug itself doesn't go in (recess) and come out for easier storage in a suitcase, for example. i thought it was strange to call and consider this a "travel adapter".

look forward to hearing!

Hi, I haven't heard the stock Samsung 25w being a travel charger , it different from previous generation as it's usb c to the charger block , the older were usb to charger block and usb c to phone . They do sell from other brands I'm sure to be travelers charger .

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I haven't heard the stock Samsung 25w being a travel charger , it different from previous generation as it's usb c to the charger block , the older were usb to charger block and usb c to phone . They do sell from other brands I'm sure to be travelers charger .

I noticed when placing my phone order for accessories that it said travel charger. And I didn't pay attention I just saw that it was $17.99 and I remember telling myself maybe we're getting a special deal cuz I thought it was $35 and I had a dollar something left over in credit from accessories that I just went ahead and got another one and paid the difference. Then come to find out the difference was I was just getting the block and not the cable which was $34.99 for both and I was confused.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I noticed when placing my phone order for accessories that it said travel charger. And I didn't pay attention I just saw that it was $17.99 and I remember telling myself maybe we're getting a special deal cuz I thought it was $35 and I had a dollar something left over in credit from accessories that I just went ahead and got another one and paid the difference. Then come to find out the difference was I was just getting the block and not the cable which was $34.99 for both and I was confused.
Interesting, any pictures of it ?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, any pictures of it ?

What happened was I was looking up 25 watt chargers on Amazon and Samsung. And I just happened to see them on Samsung for $34.99 and was debating whether to get a generic one on Amazon.

But when I was ordering my free accessories I didn't realize that it wasn't the same thing when it said travel charger then I thought I was getting the $34.99 one for $17.99. It's on their website and then I realized oh I just ordered the brick without the cable which I don't really need the cable cuz each of our phones will come with one. But I don't know why they call it travel adapter neither It's the same thing as far as I know just without the cable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What happened was I was looking up 25 watt chargers on Amazon and Samsung. And I just happened to see them on Samsung for $34.99 and was debating whether to get a generic one on Amazon.

But when I was ordering my free accessories I didn't realize that it wasn't the same thing when it said travel charger then I thought I was getting the $34.99 one for $17.99. It's on their website and then I realized oh I just ordered the brick without the cable which I don't really need the cable cuz each of our phones will come with one. But I don't know why they call it travel adapter neither It's the same thing as far as I know just without the cable.
Be careful on amazon they say samsung in the heading but different manufacturer

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

from Samsung.com which was where i placed my order for the 25-watt charger:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-white-ep-ta800nwegus%2F&token=M4O6Ovx2

25W Travel Adapter, White

EP-TA800NWEGUS

It's $19.99, btw.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Be careful on amazon they say samsung in the heading but different manufacturer

No I was just looking on Amazon to compare prices and look at generic ones. But I said when I saw 17.99 on Samsung when ordering my free accessories I ordered 2 from them not realizing they were just the brick with no cable cause I wonder why they were so cheap. But both of our phones come with a cable I just would like a longer one.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No I was just looking on Amazon to compare prices and look at generic ones. But I said when I saw 17.99 on Samsung when ordering my free accessories I ordered 2 from them not realizing they were just the brick with no cable cause I wonder why they were so cheap. But both of our phones come with a cable I just would like a longer one.
Oh ok gotcha

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

how are you so certain that the 25-watt charger doesn't come with a cable?

you know, this 25-watt charger (travel charger) on samsung.com has the exact same model number as my charger that came in the box of the S20 Ultra.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

you know, this 25-watt charger (travel charger) on samsung.com has the exact same model number as my charger that came in the box of the S20 Ultra.

Good to know. I was guessing it was the same but appreciate the confirmation.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I saw 2 on Samsungs website the $34.99 showed a cable I believe and the travel one didn't I thought which was $17.99.

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Those crazy charge speeds just reduce your battery's life.

Samsung increased it from 15w after the S10 but are sensible to leave it at 25w. OnePlus use 30w.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

If I recall, a lot of the accessories were on sale. Not sure difference: The travel one is $17.99 and other $34.99.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-black-ep-ta800nbegus%2F&token=-JI_luLy

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...harger-black-ep-ta800xbegus%2F&token=0Q-Pn1lX

Oh, the $34.99 one comes with a cable as well.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If I recall, a lot of the accessories were on sale. Not sure difference: The travel one is $17.99 and other $34.99.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-black-ep-ta800nbegus%2F&token=hVEJZrzt

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...harger-black-ep-ta800xbegus%2F&token=ya9v_z_g

Oh, the $34.99 one comes with a cable as well.

if we clicked compatible devices on the $34.99 version, you'd see that the S21 Ultra is NOT LISTED as a compatible model. (EP-TA800XWEGUS)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...harger-white-ep-ta800xwegus%2F&token=F2mdL_a1

however, the $19.99 version IS LISTED AS COMPATIBLE for the S21 Ultra. (EP-TA800NWEGUS)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-white-ep-ta800nwegus%2F&token=IW9TRBU3

please note the difference in the model numbers: the not listed as compatible $35 one is "X", and the listed as compatible $20 one is "N".

why one is listed as compatible and the other one not listed as compatible, i don't know. it might be an oversight, or, it might be something different inside? can't imagine what!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if we clicked compatible devices on the $34.99 version, you'd see that the S21 Ultra is NOT LISTED as a compatible model. (EP-TA800XWEGUS)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...harger-white-ep-ta800xwegus%2F&token=bn5VFIdH

however, the $19.99 version IS LISTED AS COMPATIBLE for the S21 Ultra. (EP-TA800NWEGUS)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-white-ep-ta800nwegus%2F&token=aWa6aoEG

please note the difference in the model numbers: the not listed as compatible $35 one is "X", and the listed as compatible $20 one is "N".

why one is listed as compatible and the other one not listed as compatible, i don't know. it might be an oversight, or, it might be something different inside? can't imagine what!

I don't see where is says the one isn't compatible. I chatted with someone and they said that one has a cable and the other didn't only difference. And it shows a cable and says Reversible USB-C connector on the 34.99 one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone doesn't understand how cellphones charge. Any 5 Volt charger is "compatible" with any current cellphone. So is any 15 Watt charger, any 25 Watt charger, any 45 Watt charger, any 65 Watt charger - and anything they come out with in the future that can charge at higher power. It's the "can" that's important. A 65 Watt charger isn't going to force 65 Watts into the phone, the phone draws whatever it draws from the charger. The phone determines the charging rate (as long as the charger can supply what the phone is trying to draw).

Your house, if you live in the US, is a power supply that can handle approximately 44,000 Watts. That doesn't mean that a 100 Watt light bulb will burn out - it draws only 100 Watts. (My shop charger, back in the day, was a 5 Volt, 30 Amp supply. We used it to charge all the phones that came into the shop (and we could easily charge a dozen at once). No phone ever drew 30 Amps, each one drew what it drew, whether the "charger" was rated at just that, or at 30 Amps.

An S21 is "compatible with" an old Samsung 2 Amp charger (10 Watts) or a 65 Watt charger. It will charge with no problem with either one. (It will charge faster, from any given point, with the 65 Watt charger, that's the only difference.)