Confused again!!

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It's that time of year for me again. Last October I switched over to IOS again. I went from the S20+ to iPhone 12 Pro. I told myself I would give Apple one more try. I also got the Apple Watch 6 (which I absolutely love). And now the S21 is out I'm wanting to head back over to Android sometime in the near future. I really miss the buttery smoothness of the Samsung screens over Apple's. Now I'm torn between the 21 Ultra or the 20 Note. The S21 has lost the sdcard but the Note 20 still has it, but it's more expensive. Also the 21 has full 120 hrtz refresh rate and the Note 20 doesn't. The 21 Ultra is easier to hold in the hands over the Note 20 and the camera update is the most improvement from last year. Decisions decisions...🤔

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
What do you actually "need"? Do you store more data than the Ultra can handle and the SD card is hyper critical? Do you need the pen on the Note?? Do you do a lot of photography and need the optical zoom?

Try not to focus on what you want.... :)

R

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
What do you actually "need"? Do you store more data than the Ultra can handle and the SD card is hyper critical? Do you need the pen on the Note?? Do you do a lot of photography and need the optical zoom?

Try not to focus on what you want.... :)

R

I've owned every Note since the 4. But the last few years the Note seems to be getting more and more boxier and the S line is more rounded and easier to hold and grip. The Note 20 Black is currently out of stock through Tmobile and who knows if they will ever get any back in stock anytime soon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've owned every Note since the 4. But the last few years the Note seems to be getting more and more boxier and the S line is more rounded and easier to hold and grip. The Note 20 Black is currently out of stock through Tmobile and who knows if they will ever get any back in stock anytime soon.
The 20 is still quite the boxy feel and rather large. Fantastic phone though. I have worked with that one and currently have the S21 Ultra. Really nice photos. Noticeably smaller mostly narrower, great overall phone

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
The 20 is still quite the boxy feel and rather large. Fantastic phone though. I have worked with that one and currently have the S21 Ultra. Really nice photos. Noticeably smaller mostly narrower, great overall phone

What size Gb did you get? With all the 8K videos and 4K pictures it can take 128 Gb is hardly enough. That's why removing the SD card slot was a dumb move.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What size Gb did you get? With all the 8K videos and 4K pictures it can take 128 Gb is hardly enough. That's why removing the SD card slot was a dumb move.
No storage is hardly enough if you store many photos, videos or music. You don't have SD card on iPhone as well which you are currently using so you are used to it by now

Personally even when SD card was there I never bothered since I pay for cloud services and have all photos/pictures backed up to Google photos, amazon photos, OneDrive and add iCloud on iOS.

For me it's more of a feature with multiple devices on multiple platforms, everything automatically syncs and available anytime.

For me 128 GB is perfectly fine, but luckily they have 256 and 512GB options for people who want more storage. It is what it is without SD card, you just have to figure out alternative workflows or get a previous Samsung phone with sd card if it's really important.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Sd Card is too slow to save to for many of the camera modes and makes for a poor long term storage solution anyway.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the 128 gb.i backup photos to the cloud and my music is on Pandora al lmy music lists are also cloud based. I have a TON of photos online. Also never used the SD card option on phones I had it with anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non