03-25-2022 04:40 PM
31 12
tools
    A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on all S21 series devices...

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 12.

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy App Booster

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-14-2021 08:02 AM
    Thanks @ironass! Made this a sticky.
    ironass likes this.
    05-14-2021 10:41 AM
    A couple of procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on all S21 series devices...

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well. You will need to download the Galaxy Labs app from the Samsung Galaxy Store. You will then be invited to install more apps to run in Galaxy Labs... Battery Tracker, Battery Guardian, Galaxy App Booster, Thermal Guardian and Memory Guardian.

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy Labs

https://i.imgur.com/8FTnOtFm.png

Galaxy App Booster

https://i.imgur.com/58JJplRm.png

See, also... “Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster
    I like thermal guardian but hopefully they can allow more adjustments in future updates
    ironass likes this.
    05-14-2021 10:50 AM
    Thanks @ironass! Made this a sticky.
    WOW @B. Diddy!

Thank you.

I've never had a sticky before.

(I have lived such a sheltered life )
    05-14-2021 10:54 AM
    Nice, think I'll give it a try.

Noticed after running the app booster that I had a ton of apps that needed to be updated again in the play store.
    Is this normal?
    05-14-2021 11:50 AM
    Nice, think I'll give it a try.

Noticed after running the app booster that I had a ton of apps that needed to be updated again in the play store.
    Is this normal?
    Not come across that personally but it could be that the system update itself means some apps need to be updated.
    05-14-2021 12:43 PM
    WOW @B. Diddy!

Thank you.

I've never had a sticky before.

(I have lived such a sheltered life )
    We used to make guides on how to wipe the cache partition for various devices, but it got easier to just share a link from the web. The problem is that sometimes, the steps on those sites aren't completely accurate (especially the 3rd party sites). It's nice to have steps that have been vetted by a trustworthy person. (And you've contributed so much to this forum, especially on the Samsung side of things, that it's about time you got a sticky!)
    ironass likes this.
    05-14-2021 02:17 PM
    dont think this is because of App booster...could just be the app booster run refreshed your appstore which then caused playstore to pull in available updates
    05-23-2021 01:50 PM
    Updated post #1 as the Galaxy Labs app has now changed its name to, "Good Guardians", for reasons known only to Samsung.
    07-01-2021 05:10 PM
    Updated post #1 as the Galaxy Labs app has now changed its name to, "Good Guardians", for reasons known only to Samsung.
    Good Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3
    ironass likes this.
    07-01-2021 05:13 PM
    Good Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    07-01-2021 05:21 PM
    And has dance moves lol
    ironass likes this.
    07-01-2021 05:23 PM
    I am Bixby. I am Bixby? I am Bixby I am Bixby. I AM BIXBY!
    ironass likes this.
    07-01-2021 07:18 PM
    I don't know why the video says that you have to connect the phone to a USB cable before wiping the cache partition. I did the procedure yesterday on my S21U and it worked fine without having to do that. Mine seems to be processing a bit faster now, maybe just a placebo effect.
    07-15-2021 10:37 AM
    I don't know why the video says that you have to connect the phone to a USB cable before wiping the cache partition. I did the procedure yesterday on my S21U and it worked fine without having to do that. Mine seems to be processing a bit faster now, maybe just a placebo effect.
    Sometimes you have to , its weird
    07-15-2021 10:44 AM
    The video covers the vast majority of users worldwide on the global, SM-G99*B, devices that are running stock Samsung firmware.

Some country/carrier minority variants may differ in their access to the Recovery and Bootloader menus.
    07-15-2021 12:19 PM
    Where does one find things like this Galaxy App Booster? Not on Play Store that I am seeing. Some other location? I have the S-21 Ultra.
    07-26-2021 03:48 PM
    Where does one find things like this Galaxy App Booster? Not on Play Store that I am seeing. Some other location? I have the S-21 Ultra.
    Read the OP.
    ironass likes this.
    07-26-2021 04:19 PM
    You would need to install Good guardian in Galaxy store to enable it
    07-26-2021 04:23 PM
    There is an underlined hyperlink to Good Guardians in post #1.
    07-26-2021 04:42 PM
    Read the OP.
    Sorry, hope my reply did not come across as rude. Was explained in the OP so thought that was the easiest place to go.
    07-26-2021 04:42 PM
    Guess I should explain better. Where is the Galaxy Store on the phone? Already an App and I just cannot find it? On Play Store I am also not seeing it. I had already downloaded an App called One Booster due to all the great reviews but the damn commercials on here are driving me crazy and I may remove it. If I can.

I do feel dumb asking some of these questions but as likely one of the older on here I know technology has left me behind but I do want to learn this. I bought this phone for the camera mostly but still want to use it as it was intended.
    07-26-2021 04:47 PM
    Have you not got the Galaxy Store app in your phone's App drawer?

mustang7757 likes this.
    07-26-2021 05:41 PM
    Ok, now I found it. This phone came with so many apps that they tend to blend together. Now I'll look for what is suggested. Thanks
    07-26-2021 07:05 PM
    Have updated post #1 of this thread to reflect the changes in Android 12.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    11-20-2021 11:57 AM
31 12