Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on all S21 series devices...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLduvCLgEQ&t=7s
p.gif

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 12.

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy App Booster

Gr5DSKlm.png

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Wipe Cache Partition & Galaxy App Booster

A couple of procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on all S21 series devices...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLduvCLgEQ

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well. You will need to download the Galaxy Labs app from the Samsung Galaxy Store. You will then be invited to install more apps to run in Galaxy Labs... Battery Tracker, Battery Guardian, Galaxy App Booster, Thermal Guardian and Memory Guardian.

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy Labs

https://i.imgur.com/8FTnOtFm.png

Galaxy App Booster

https://i.imgur.com/58JJplRm.png

See, also... [h=1]“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster[/h]
I like thermal guardian but hopefully they can allow more adjustments in future updates

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Nice, think I'll give it a try. :)

Noticed after running the app booster that I had a ton of apps that needed to be updated again in the play store.
Is this normal?

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Nice, think I'll give it a try. :)

Noticed after running the app booster that I had a ton of apps that needed to be updated again in the play store.
Is this normal?
Not come across that personally but it could be that the system update itself means some apps need to be updated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

WOW @B. Diddy!

Thank you.

I've never had a sticky before.

(I have lived such a sheltered life :( )

We used to make guides on how to wipe the cache partition for various devices, but it got easier to just share a link from the web. The problem is that sometimes, the steps on those sites aren't completely accurate (especially the 3rd party sites). It's nice to have steps that have been vetted by a trustworthy person. (And you've contributed so much to this forum, especially on the Samsung side of things, that it's about time you got a sticky!:))

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

dont think this is because of App booster...could just be the app booster run refreshed your appstore which then caused playstore to pull in available updates

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site

I don't know why the video says that you have to connect the phone to a USB cable before wiping the cache partition. I did the procedure yesterday on my S21U and it worked fine without having to do that. Mine seems to be processing a bit faster now, maybe just a placebo effect.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I don't know why the video says that you have to connect the phone to a USB cable before wiping the cache partition. I did the procedure yesterday on my S21U and it worked fine without having to do that. Mine seems to be processing a bit faster now, maybe just a placebo effect.
Sometimes you have to , its weird :(

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The video covers the vast majority of users worldwide on the global, SM-G99*B, devices that are running stock Samsung firmware.

Some country/carrier minority variants may differ in their access to the Recovery and Bootloader menus. ;)

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Where does one find things like this Galaxy App Booster? Not on Play Store that I am seeing. Some other location? I have the S-21 Ultra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks