Thinking of leaving Samsung S21 Ultra for iPhone 13 Pro Max...

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
With android 12 looking more like the IOS.
It's clear Samsung is making their phones simpler which is great touch wiz was horrible. I currently own a tab s7 plus which which I use for my torrents and and comics and movies a phone with storage that was limited used to be my biggest gripe wis gripe with Apple I now own airpods pro and they are great. So what's really keeping me around with Samsung is loyalty to the brand. I've never had an iPhone and the cameras I cannot lie are starting to become better and even from other iphone 12 pro max are even better then my ultra s21. Would yall consider the jump.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's clear Samsung is making their phones simpler which is great touch wiz was horrible. I currently own a tab s7 plus which which I use for my torrents and and comics and movies a phone with storage that was limited used to be my biggest gripe wis gripe with Apple I now own airpods pro and they are great. So what's really keeping me around with Samsung is loyalty to the brand. I've never had an iPhone and the cameras I cannot lie are starting to become better and even from other iphone 12 pro max are even better then my ultra s21. Would yall consider the jump.
Add this to the mix.

EDIT.. THIS IS RUMORED, NOT FACT.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...ng-galaxy-s22-battery-capacity-downgrade/amp/

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's a rumour... They're literally worthless.
And not always. Maybe Samsung is going to try to make room for Spen silo. We are at the time the rumors are going to come out. All projections are rumors till Samsung announces the phone.

Also, I didn't say it was fact. I think the OP is smart enough to see it's a rumor not fact.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The biggest annoyance is also the screen the s21 ultra curved edges. I hate them and I'm not trying to put the Whitestone dome or any liquid on my phones ever again. I'm honestly now just looking to capture great pictures and videos. I'm not used to the swiping though as I still use the galaxy back and home buttons. So that's going to be something I'd have to get used to.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The biggest annoyance is also the screen the s21 ultra curved edges. I hate them and I'm not trying to put the Whitestone dome or any liquid on my phones ever again. I'm honestly now just looking to capture great pictures and videos. I'm not used to the swiping though as I still use the galaxy back and home buttons. So that's going to be something I'd have to get used to.

Well this is subjective obviously, but samsung cameras never have been the greatest. The pixel actually rates as one of the better cameras.

I personally liked the curved screen, but again that's subjective.

I think the iPhone is a good phone, it will get the job done. You have a 14 day return policy, you aren't out much to try it out and see if it meets your needs.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've looked into the new iPhone camera more than anything else about it. Even my Note 20 Ultra has better camera hardware than the new iPhone 13 Max Pro.

I'll admit Apple has the better night mode but most of the argument between whether Samsung or Apple has the better camera simply comes down to how they render their jpegs and that's personal preference. Some prefer Apple colors, some prefer Samsung.

Personally I won't touch iOS, my personal experience has me convinced it's an unstable buggy OS, but most people never had to deal with providing tech support to Apple products for a job like I have.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
And not always. Maybe Samsung is going to try to make room for Spen silo. We are at the time the rumors are going to come out. All projections are rumors till Samsung announces the phone.

Also, I didn't say it was fact. I think the OP is smart enough to see it's a rumor not fact.

It is entirely possible that it'll have a smaller battery... It's also entirely possible that it won't. It's also entirely possible they've developed an amazing new technology that means a small battery can last for days, probably not though.

Never assume that people on the internet know the difference between fact and fiction lol.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've looked into the new iPhone camera more than anything else about it. Even my Note 20 Ultra has better camera hardware than the new iPhone 13 Max Pro.

I'll admit Apple has the better night mode but most of the argument between whether Samsung or Apple has the better camera simply comes down to how they render their jpegs and that's personal preference. Some prefer Apple colors, some prefer Samsung.

Personally I won't touch iOS, my personal experience has me convinced it's an unstable buggy OS, but most people never had to deal with providing tech support to Apple products for a job like I have.

Even if the camera is better apps are better on ios devices and I've seen that 1st hand

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered the iPhone 13 Pro Max and 13 Pro today. Love my iPhones as usual and get them every year. But I love my Android phones as well and enjoying Android 12 on S21 Ultra. Personally they are all capable and great phones, one won't go wrong in any modern flagship phones. Just preference and choose what you like. If you can't own both, then may be switch once in a while between platforms if it's possible.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Most developers make apps to run smoother on IOS that goes from Instagram to any app that's made.

But, in many cases, they hamstring apps that are excellent on Android, but terrible on iOS. One is my favorite keyboard, SwiftKey. There are many settings and features left or of SwiftKey on iOS, and that's a plain fact. This I discovered while interacting with an Apple user over SwiftKey. They literally couldn't stand how deeply they cut features completely out.

iOS is a the Alpha~Omega to many, and yes, it is engineered to be smooth, they only have to develop for the same "system" over and over and and over. They only play in their sandbox, and users can take it or leave it.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Android looking more like iOS how? If anything it's the other way around. Every year people talk about going to the iPhone just to find out that it's like the one that came before it. There's honestly not much different from the previous model. They really should've named it an S model as that's all it is a refresh.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Most developers make apps to run smoother on IOS that goes from Instagram to any app that's made.

I've seen mention time and time again that this app or that app has more and/or different features on iOS but run better is not something that I've heard mentioned often. I've watched a couple of videos that address the iOS vs Android app differences and they both cited that iOS is iOS no matter what device it is running on, because they are all pretty much the same device, while Android runs on thousands of devices from different MFGRs. One of the videos said that 500 different devices are released each year that run Android. This is why some features are left out of the Android version of apps. It isn't so much that they run better but more that they have different features and/or may be more integrated into the iOS eco system.

In the meantime, there are tons of videos on YouTube that compare virtually any device against another. You can find OS comparisons for days. The choice is subjective. Am I going to say, yeah jump on that iPhone, no, but I'm also not going to say everyone should get an Android. Everyone should find the device that suits them based on what is important to them.

On a side note about cameras. I just saw something, cannot remember if it was a video or article, saying that Samsung just announced the development of a 200mp sensor but it wasn't slated to go in any of their devices. Yeah kind of weird, I know. They are supplying another company, I'm not sure if it mentioned who but it may have. Anyway they are rumored to be sticking to the 108mp cam in the S21 for next year's flagship devices. Probably not the foldable ones as we've seen they are selling these on the basis of "it folds" rather than specking them all out. I'm hearing this is also a price thing with them. Putting more expensive sensors in them would drive the price up is what they're saying.

Just my 2 cents.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nothing wrong with iphone , i just upgraded from 11pro to 12 pro, had every iphone since iphone 3 and pretty much every Samsung since note 2 and S3 love both ios and andriod and sometimes its good to mix it up especially if you dont carry multiple devices. Can always change it up in a year or 2 see where you stand.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Where are you finding info that lends to your view the Note 20U camera tech is superior?

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Ive pre ordered the 13 pro max as well but will be selling my s21 ultra this week. I plan on getting the pixel 6 pro. The rumoured improvements and android 12 has sold me.

Think i will give samsung a miss now as i think stock android will better suit my usage. That might change but think it’s time for a change

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ive pre ordered the 13 pro max as well but will be selling my s21 ultra this week. I plan on getting the pixel 6 pro. The rumoured improvements and android 12 has sold me.

Think i will give samsung a miss now as i think stock android will better suit my usage. That might change but think it’s time for a change

Same for me it's time to try ios at least for now Samsung has remained the same and the curved edges aren't something I'm a huge fan of

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Same for me it's time to try ios at least for now Samsung has remained the same and the curved edges aren't something I'm a huge fan of
One of these days I might try apple again. Samsung is getting more and more like apple when it comes to features. If apple comes out with a folding screen I may look harder, of course after a couple releases to work their kinks out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch