Issues after latest update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have service through tmobile..now that my s21 ultra has went through the latest update, i no longer get VISUAL voicemail notifications..instead i get the regular voicemail notification...which i can only clear from my pull down tab if i actually go and listen to the voicemail, which is really annoying..ive tried multiple steps that ive seen online which arent working. anyone kno how to get this back to normal? id like to get visual voicemail notifications instead. also, in my contacts...it use to show the letters on the right side of the screen where i cld click it for whatever the name started with. now it only shows dots. and i noticed, i have to press and slide up and down for it to show a letter... but only does at the top of the screen...

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have service through tmobile..now that my s21 ultra has went through the latest update, i no longer get VISUAL voicemail notifications..instead i get the regular voicemail notification...which i can only clear from my pull down tab if i actually go and listen to the voicemail, which is really annoying..ive tried multiple steps that ive seen online which arent working. anyone kno how to get this back to normal? id like to get visual voicemail notifications instead. also, in my contacts...it use to show the letters on the right side of the screen where i cld click it for whatever the name started with. now it only shows dots. and i noticed, i have to press and slide up and down for it to show a letter... but only does at the top of the screen...

Yes, I have the same issue too. When voicemail comes in, only the phone system VM notification is shown and continues to show until I actually go into VM to delete it. Annoying. Have you been able to update Tmobile Visual Voicemail app? I haven't been able to update it, even prior to the new OS update.

I too see that contact issue of just dots on the right side and not the letters.

I am on Tmobile with unlock s21 ultra

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a Samsung product (at least till next Friday when my s21U is delivered); however, I had the exact same problem on a Pixel 4XL after it updated to Android 12. Did a lot of things; nothing seemed to work. However, when checking Mobile Data, I noticed I had none. It was turned ON, however, the phone was not accessing it. I will also note, I do not have T-mobile; I'm on Tracfone, that runs off Verizon towers. So I found out the fastest way to reset mobile data is to:

• Turned the phone off
  • Removed SIM card
  • Turned phone back on (it will state no SIM card)
  • Turn phone back off
  • Insert SIM card
  • Turn phone back On and check mobile date. All that info was reset to show tracfone where required and Visual voicemail works.

Cannot say it will work on a Samsung or with T-mobile; however, the steps given should not hurt a phone, but it will allow data to be reset with the r7r of the SIM card.