S22+ starred messages no longer protected?

bludvls33

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to S22+ last month and have always used starred messages in texts to save pics or important info like address, contact info, etc. that I received in a text. Previously, you could star a message, and delete the entire text thread, and only the starred messages would remain. I see that someone else posted about this about 3 months ago, just checking to see if anyone had an update? Is there any way to protects single texts in a thread so they don't delete? Or do you literally need to delete every single text one by one except the ones you want to protect? Tia...

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded to S22+ last month and have always used starred messages in texts to save pics or important info like address, contact info, etc. that I received in a text. Previously, you could star a message, and delete the entire text thread, and only the starred messages would remain. I see that someone else posted about this about 3 months ago, just checking to see if anyone had an update? Is there any way to protects single texts in a thread so they don't delete? Or do you literally need to delete every single text one by one except the ones you want to protect? Tia...
I have an s22 Ultra & use Samsung Messages. When deleting messages or an entire conversation, I am presented with a pop-up asking if I want to 'include starred messages'. My starred messages do not delete unless I check that box.

Are you using Samsung Messages or a different messaging app?

Screenshot_20220621-021430_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-021336_Gallery.jpg

bludvls33

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am using Google messaging. When I upgraded, they told me that Samsung is making Google messaging their default app now, as it offers more options (GIFs, weather, web search, iPhone reactions, etc.)

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using Google messaging. When I upgraded, they told me that Samsung is making Google messaging their default app now, as it offers more options (GIFs, weather, web search, iPhone reactions, etc.)

It's true that Google's is the default, but you can still use Samsung Messages. It's still pre-installed.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I see. Sorry, I don't have any idea about how to protect messages in Google's version. I am happy with Samsung's version, so I stuck with it. I hope you find a solution or as @KPMcClave says, you can still use Samsung Messaging, it's pre-installed.
:)

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Only works for Samsung Message, and Samsung Message will still be on all the newest phones till Google gets Google Message fixed there's still some stuff Google Message needs fixing for Samsung phones.