4.3 "Upgrade" display text message icons

Karie12

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
So I've been reading that a number of people had issues with this awful 4.3 upgrade. I spoke to customer service and told them how i'm having issues with my wifi and Bluetooth now...but has anyone been able to figure out a way to get rid of those awful icon pictures in text message conversations? The way they've formatted it, the writing is way too small, I get a headache every time I get a text message! I've tried making it bigger with the volume button, but it makes the text too big. Does anyone know a way to get the text message conversations back to the way they were?

Android, PLEASE FIX THIS AWFUL FEATURE!!!!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I've been reading that a number of people had issues with this awful 4.3 upgrade. I spoke to customer service and told them how i'm having issues with my wifi and Bluetooth now...but has anyone been able to figure out a way to get rid of those awful icon pictures in text message conversations? The way they've formatted it, the writing is way too small, I get a headache every time I get a text message! I've tried making it bigger with the volume button, but it makes the text too big. Does anyone know a way to get the text message conversations back to the way they were?

Android, PLEASE FIX THIS AWFUL FEATURE!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums.
I think what you are seeing is something more to be taken to Samsung, not really Android. However, since you upgraded, have you tried clearing cache in recovery? In this instance it may not really help, but it may be worth a try.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
For the text bubble with coffee cup thing:

Cera's Tech Blog: Samsung Galaxy S3 Update 4.3: Coffee cup icon on text messaging

"This is just a simple message setting.

Go into your main messages showing all the messages you have from people
Tap on the left settings area and select Settings.

Look for the Display section.
Tap on Bubble Style.
There you can select a bubble style for your text messages that does not have a coffee cup icon."