03-19-2016 06:11 PM
29 12
tools
    My experience with S3Mini is exactly identical-even when the charge shows 70%,the phone crashes down inexplicably,either while talking or taking pictures.It is impossible to restart the phone until and unless it is connected to a AC Power Source. Immediately on connection the charge position shows what it was before the crash!
    I feel this may have something to do with the kernel,not necessarily with battery.
    By the way what is the average life of battery in S3Mini before it is to be replaced?

Questyleo
    02-08-2015 12:49 AM
    Hi, I have the same problem Questyleo.
    Have just sent my phone (samsung galaxy s3 mini) off to vodafone who state that it is the battery at fault, somehow not under warranty as classed by an accessory by Samsung (don't get me started!). Extremely irritating.

My question is - if I'm going to buy a new battery I don't want to spend a lot, I'm maybe 6 months from upgrade, can anyone tell me if I need a 4 pin connector or 3 pin connector? Ebay appears to sell both (as genuine samsung batteries for S3 mini).

Many thanks, really appreciate the help.
    04-01-2015 03:44 AM
    One issue I saw was resolved in turning off the Sync with the pre-installed Email app. One fellow found his phone, if he was lucky, was dead within 3 hours. My daughters phone can die within 20 minutes. All this began with a Jellybean auto update apparently. Gee thanks. And no way, as with Windows, to uninstall an update. I even Restored her phone to factory setting. No joy. We shall see if turning off Sync worked.
    11-16-2015 04:20 PM
    I have owned two Samsung androids. The first was a GT-S7560M. It chewed through battery like crazy. I bought it at The Source and the carrier is Virgin Mobile. Neither of these companies was willing to address the problem. The Source said that since the phone was brand new, the battery was too. Consequently it could not be a problem with the battery. Even though I argued that a brand new battery could be faulty they refused to replace it. So much for their warranty!
    After putting up with this for a year I bought a replacement battery ( cheap online ) The phone continued to use excessive power.
    I decided to upgrade to the next level Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. For the first year all went well. No fast power drains even though I installed all the same apps as before. Year two the battery began to drain quickly. I replaced the battery. Quick drain continued. I complained to the battery supplier who immediately sent me a new battery. Quick drain still continues. This is what brought me to this forum.
    I did a factory reset, uninstalled all apps that I would never use. Disabled any unessential apps. I did this whole thing twice in the last two weeks The problem persists.
    NOTE: I did not use the online cloud storage to backup my phone. I copied everything onto my external hard drive and reinstalled only my contacts list hoping that if there was any problem with a particular app or two that the problem would be solved.

An idea entered my mind:
    Back to my first phone for a minute. I still have it. The SIM card has been deactivated. I use it for the radio only. It no longer chews through battery power. I leave the radio on all night while I sleep and at most it uses 20% of the battery charge.

Possible conclusion is that there is a conspiracy by the service providers to somehow drain power on older phones. After all there is no percentage in having people keep their phones longer than a year or two.

By the way both of my phones were " free" That's a rather slimy marketing tool that sales outlets use to suck people in. I did not sign into any long term contracts. The catch is that the service provider applies a tiny amount ( monthly payment ) onto your bill every month.
    You can cancel your service at any time. All you have to do is pay the remaining amount of the "free"" purchase value of your the phone. In my case the " free" phone was valued at $250.00 Supposedly this will be paid off in two years. My bill is $40.00 per month so theoretically they apply $10.42 to the purchase of the "free" phone. However at the end of two years if I stay with Virgin my "plan" will not decrease by $10.42. Instead it will stay the same even if I don't upgrade to a new phone.
    See what I mean by slimy?

At the end of year one I get a very nice offer from Virgin Mobile to upgrade my phone for "free" LOL

In conclusion I will hold to my theory that the service providers are somehow behind severe power drain of our batteries.
    03-19-2016 06:11 PM
29 12