Bricked S3 after Deleting KNOX

K Munford

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying for 2 days to install Cyanogenmod on my phone and it's being a huge PITA. I read that KNOX sticking around after the root could be the problem. I downloaded NoBloat free and Root Explorer and deleted everything with the name KNOX in it. I then rebooted and now it won't go past the Samsung pulsing logo screen.

I can get into recovery and download (Odin doesn't see the phone though). I've wiped cashe, factory reset... everything. And nothing works. I have a stock ROM on my computer, but I have no way of getting it on the phone. Any help?

EDIT: I got it connected to ODIN somehow, and then rebooted. It not is on the 'android is upgrading... optimizing app -- of 43' and is now stuck on the 'Starting apps' section of that.

Last edited:

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying for 2 days to install Cyanogenmod on my phone and it's being a huge PITA. I read that KNOX sticking around after the root could be the problem. I downloaded NoBloat free and Root Explorer and deleted everything with the name KNOX in it. I then rebooted and now it won't go past the Samsung pulsing logo screen.

I can get into recovery and download (Odin doesn't see the phone though). I've wiped cashe, factory reset... everything. And nothing works. I have a stock ROM on my computer, but I have no way of getting it on the phone. Any help?

EDIT: I got it connected to ODIN somehow, and then rebooted. It not is on the 'android is upgrading... optimizing app -- of 43' and is now stuck on the 'Starting apps' section of that.
Try to get into recovery and reset the phone you won't loose everything on SD card. And try to flash a new rom?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez