New Exynos processor and LTE support?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and because of that I am one of the lucky people that got the Exynos processor and not the higher clocked but not so great performing Snapdragon counterpart that the T Mobile GS2 as well as the Skyrocket GS2 have to put up with. Seeing how Sprint is going to start selling LTE phones, I wondering whether the new Exynos processors will finally have LTE support, since that's one thing that the current Exynos can't do. I'd hate to get stuck with another Snapdragon version of the GS3 just because of lack of LTE capabilities.

Did anyone read anything about that? Any links to useful articles would be appreciated!

:)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and because of that I am one of the lucky people that got the Exynos processor and not the higher clocked but not so great performing Snapdragon counterpart that the T Mobile GS2 as well as the Skyrocket GS2 have to put up with. Seeing how Sprint is going to start selling LTE phones, I wondering whether the new Exynos processors will finally have LTE support, since that's one thing that the current Exynos can't do. I'd hate to get stuck with another Snapdragon version of the GS3 just because of lack of LTE capabilities.

Did anyone read anything about that? Any links to useful articles would be appreciated!

:)

Im pretty sure the sprint version of the GS3 will support LTE. It will be very very stupid of sprint if it was wimax.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that all of their upcoming Exynos chipsets will support LTE. I know for a fact the the souped up 4212 supports LTE.

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a given that the new Exynos chips will, at the least, 'play-nice' with LTE. The question is will they support LTE on-chip like the new S4 will. The S4 is a 28nm technology and will support LTE on-chip, so the question is can the 32nm Exynos chips fit an LTE controller on-chip and, in doing so, provide the battery relief that LTE phones so desperately crave.

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
But from what we're hearing from MWC, no quadcore chip is able to run LTE. Till that happens, I doubt we get quadcore phones for a while.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, yes I read that too. Quite the oversight on nvidias part if you ask me. I hope samsung doesn't have that problem , I want an exynos processor in my gs3 not a compromise!

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt expect any new phones from Sprint for quite a while since they're in the process of switching networks. So far we havent heard about any new phones from HTC coming to Sprint (aka the EVO line). If they cant come up with another win like the HTC EVO 4G, I think Sprint is just done.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt expect any new phones from Sprint for quite a while since they're in the process of switching networks. So far we havent heard about any new phones from HTC coming to Sprint (aka the EVO line). If they cant come up with another win like the HTC EVO 4G, I think Sprint is just done.

The galaxy Nexus is coming out very soon.

And rumor coming out today is that the HTC One will be the following up to the EVO Line.

Will the HTC Jewel Be Sprint's HTC EVO LTE?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I read 2 days ago with a source from Google quoting that Sprint is coming out with 10 Phones supporting NFC this year. To me that indicates that they are not sleeping, they can't afford to.

Google Wallet Android app updated, headed to 'at least' ten more Sprint phones this year - Engadget

The Galaxy Nexus will be the first LTE phone, but obviously they won't launch it until at least a few LTE Markets are up and running which should be very soon.

My guess is that Sprint will get a version of the HTC One as well as the Galaxy S3, again, they would be silly not to have either of these phones or phones of equivalent specs, the competition isn't sleeping, and neither will Sprint.