04-28-2012 09:00 PM
35 12
tools
    http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...sic&postPage=1

They say it's the basis for the gs3, which they still don't call gs3 in that article, and while they get pretty technical in the source article, they don't say anything about lte. If the statement by the Samsung executive from last month was accurate, samsung can stay in complete control by having their own on chip lte solution. That would probably allow for a faster world wide roll out.

It kind if crushes the hopes for the 5250 though.
    04-25-2012 11:20 PM
    Maybe not. That quad is for Europe (no LTE) at least we can assume so at this time. If N/A is getting dual core LTE then we might get the 5250 (hoping and praying), at the very least it'll be the S4.
    poosh2010 likes this.
    04-25-2012 11:29 PM
    Here's the actual source story: Samsung

Let the "Quad core is better than dual-core!" games begin!!!
    04-25-2012 11:31 PM
    Here's the actual source story: Samsung

Let the "Quad core is better than dual-core!" games begin!!!
    I'll stay out of that war and wait for May 3rd to see what phone/processor is going to which area (Europe or N/A).
    04-25-2012 11:37 PM
    Its better than it seems, it will still be top dog when the s3 is released, really, how much better can processers get? I think future processers will not have noticeable improvement. Phones are already smooth enough, all that is needed for improvement is hardware and battery life
    04-25-2012 11:37 PM
    I just want it to have 3 things:

1) Enough battery power to last 1 day of moderate to heavy use
    2) A micro sd card slot
    3) A super kick *** screen.

Is that too much to ask for?
    original00 likes this.
    04-25-2012 11:45 PM
    What gpu ??
    04-26-2012 12:12 AM

2) A micro sd card slot

You forgot pentaband. I want one phone I can use anywhere.
    04-26-2012 12:14 AM
    A slightly deeper dive into the tech behind this chip. No GPU has been specified yet.

That post will be updated as more information is released.
    04-26-2012 12:23 AM
    All this stuff about dual cores, quad cores, and everyother chip has my head spinning.
    04-26-2012 12:25 AM
    The question is what is their LTE solution? ....
    04-26-2012 01:39 AM
    Its better than it seems, it will still be top dog when the s3 is released, really, how much better can processers get? I think future processers will not have noticeable improvement. Phones are already smooth enough, all that is needed for improvement is hardware and battery life
    This. The GS2's Exynos was a really good processor. Sure, this may not be the A15 dual-core a lot of us were hoping for, but I'm sure Samsung will be able to pull off another great processor. I can say that the GS3 will have plenty of power whether the version you get has the S4, the 4412, or the 5250.

Samsung needs to focus on the other aspects of the GS3 if it wants to come out with a killer phone. Get the screen right: no pentile, accurate colors, good contrast ratio and brightness. Get the shape and form factor right. Get the design right-definitely needs something sexier than the S2 in order to reach the bar that HTC has set for design. Get the software right. Samsung is trying to be on Apple's level, and doing so will take one thing and one thing only-delivering a full experience. The iPhone is so wildly popular because of Apple's obsessive focus on the user experience, and that's where Android has its greatest flaws: so many Android devices do a lot of stuff really well, but none are as well rounded as the iPhone. The average consumer doesn't know or care about intricate specs-get the experience right and they'll buy regardless of specs.
    04-26-2012 01:39 AM
    The question is what is their LTE solution? ....
    Maybe THIS.
    04-26-2012 01:48 AM

2) A micro sd card slot

And maybe a removable battery?
    04-26-2012 01:56 AM
    I just love how samsung kept such a tight grip on the specs and well any info about this phone over the last couple months. Now that they announced their plans to announce this new phone it seems everyday a new leak of info emerges.
    04-26-2012 07:40 AM
    The One X did the same thing, they have a great quad core that is powerful and sips battery power and N/A gets the standard battery sucking dual
    04-26-2012 08:38 AM
    It's really hard to talk about battery life when we don't even have the phone yet...
    04-26-2012 08:46 AM
    You just described my future phone, the Evo 4G LTE
    04-26-2012 11:33 AM
    Praying for a 5250 on Verizon.... otherwise, I'm passing this phone up completely and waiting for the next Nexus....
    04-26-2012 12:20 PM
    Found this looking around for more SGSIII info.

US Galaxy S III may not feature quad-core chip

I don't want to believe that's true so I'm going to say its just a rumor but, if its true then the SGSIII will just be a better One X. If that's the case I'll have to think about whether I want to wait for the SGSIII to come to AT&T or just pick up a One X. However, if it has an MicroSD slot that would be a game changer. Also from the looks of the dummy units we will be able to swap out batteries which is a bonus. Just going to have to wait until May 3rd.
    04-26-2012 12:34 PM
    Found this looking around for more SGSIII info.

US Galaxy S III may not feature quad-core chip

I don't want to believe that's true so I'm going to say its just a rumor but, if its true then the SGSIII will just be a better One X. If that's the case I'll have to think about whether I want to wait for the SGSIII to come to AT&T or just pick up a One X. However, if it has an MicroSD slot that would be a game changer. Also from the looks of the dummy units we will be able to swap out batteries which is a bonus. Just going to have to wait until May 3rd.
    Might not necessarily be better than the One X...
    04-26-2012 01:12 PM
    It's a big leap to just casually say it'll be better than the One X - the current king of the hill. Let's wait till May 3rd. Hell, let's wait till reviewers (better yet you or me) get their hands on it.

Actually, the EVO LTE is "better" than the One X, and will be a hard phone to top.
    ab304945 likes this.
    04-26-2012 01:36 PM
    It's a big leap to just casually say it'll be better than the One X - the current king of the hill. Let's wait till May 3rd. Hell, let's wait till reviewers (better yet you or me) get their hands on it.

Actually, the EVO LTE is "better" than the One X, and will be a hard phone to top.
    I agree.

Right now i will get either the Evo LTE or the GS3.
    04-26-2012 03:18 PM
    I agree.

Right now i will get either the Evo LTE or the GS3.
    I am starting to get friendly with that thought too, but of course I'll wait to see what exactly the Sprint version of the GS3 will look like.
    04-26-2012 05:08 PM
    is anybody else a little bit disappointed..? i mean S4 should be fine, but although its a A15 architecture it does not "beat" tegra 3, its on PAR with it. i wanted a phone that is future proof for at least 2 years...
    04-26-2012 07:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD