Exynos 4412 its official.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
http://m.engadget.com/default/artic...is-for-galaxy-s3/&category=classic&postPage=1

They say it's the basis for the gs3, which they still don't call gs3 in that article, and while they get pretty technical in the source article, they don't say anything about lte. If the statement by the Samsung executive from last month was accurate, samsung can stay in complete control by having their own on chip lte solution. That would probably allow for a faster world wide roll out.

It kind if crushes the hopes for the 5250 though.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not. That quad is for Europe (no LTE) at least we can assume so at this time. If N/A is getting dual core LTE then we might get the 5250 (hoping and praying), at the very least it'll be the S4.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Its better than it seems, it will still be top dog when the s3 is released, really, how much better can processers get? I think future processers will not have noticeable improvement. Phones are already smooth enough, all that is needed for improvement is hardware and battery life

Last edited:

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just want it to have 3 things:

1) Enough battery power to last 1 day of moderate to heavy use
2) A micro sd card slot
3) A super kick ass screen.

Is that too much to ask for?

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Its better than it seems, it will still be top dog when the s3 is released, really, how much better can processers get? I think future processers will not have noticeable improvement. Phones are already smooth enough, all that is needed for improvement is hardware and battery life

This. The GS2's Exynos was a really good processor. Sure, this may not be the A15 dual-core a lot of us were hoping for, but I'm sure Samsung will be able to pull off another great processor. I can say that the GS3 will have plenty of power whether the version you get has the S4, the 4412, or the 5250.

Samsung needs to focus on the other aspects of the GS3 if it wants to come out with a killer phone. Get the screen right: no pentile, accurate colors, good contrast ratio and brightness. Get the shape and form factor right. Get the design right-definitely needs something sexier than the S2 in order to reach the bar that HTC has set for design. Get the software right. Samsung is trying to be on Apple's level, and doing so will take one thing and one thing only-delivering a full experience. The iPhone is so wildly popular because of Apple's obsessive focus on the user experience, and that's where Android has its greatest flaws: so many Android devices do a lot of stuff really well, but none are as well rounded as the iPhone. The average consumer doesn't know or care about intricate specs-get the experience right and they'll buy regardless of specs.

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just love how samsung kept such a tight grip on the specs and well any info about this phone over the last couple months. Now that they announced their plans to announce this new phone it seems everyday a new leak of info emerges.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The One X did the same thing, they have a great quad core that is powerful and sips battery power and N/A gets the standard battery sucking dual :'(

kenji117

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Found this looking around for more SGSIII info.

US Galaxy S III may not feature quad-core chip

I don't want to believe that's true so I'm going to say its just a rumor but, if its true then the SGSIII will just be a better One X. If that's the case I'll have to think about whether I want to wait for the SGSIII to come to AT&T or just pick up a One X. However, if it has an MicroSD slot that would be a game changer. Also from the looks of the dummy units we will be able to swap out batteries which is a bonus. Just going to have to wait until May 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez