S3 US Processor Question

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
After watching the phonearena review video, it was unclear what type of processor that the US version would have. Will it have the quadcore or the dualcore processor?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Then, does phonearena need to do another comparison versus the One X? Will S3 dualcore still make it a better choice over the One X?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why is the US seemingly being bypassed and packaged with the dualcore instead of the quadcore processor?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This may sound very newby but will the 4G LTE in the US version dualcore processor be comparable to the UK quadcore processor?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The reason for dual core is quad core isn't capable of doing 4g lte yet. There's plenty of info on this sight about. Some say battery life will b better. But really all we can do is wait for official anoucement about us specs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's up to you. Nobody can tell you which phone will be better for YOU. When they are both released go see them both in person. Then decide.

Reactions: jcp007

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I guess that I got carried away by the phonearena review video. It really stoked my excitement to transition to Android from RIM.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. I guess that I got carried away by the phonearena review video. It really stoked my excitement to transition to Android from RIM.

I absolutely love the benifits of Android over iOS. I don't even root my phone. All stock touchwiz even, but I know so much more potential exists.
Once you find a device you like, jump on it and don't look back!

aztecgod106

May 11, 2012
Visit site
They both will have the S4 snapdragon Dualcore variant...i think it will all come down to other things like software. I think Samsung will have a better screen though...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Phonearena review guy had an overall more favorable impression of the S3 even if we put aside the processor. Just read that there are 9 million pre-ordered so far. Wonder when AT&T will begin pre-orders?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
July or august for S3
Phonearena review guy had an overall more favorable impression of the S3 even if we put aside the processor. Just read that there are 9 million pre-ordered so far. Wonder when AT&T will begin pre-orders?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung said there will be a "Global" launch, meaning that they don't want to repeat the fiasco of last year with the GS2 again, at least that's how I interpret it. The fact that they said they will have the US tour in June tells you that the phones should be close to ready and for all we know, the US Carrier versions are part of the 9 million pre ordered phones. Why don't they release the specs and looks for the US versions yet? Well, I am guessing they want to continue their secrecy and hype with the US tour. Why they are supposedly going to 10 cities for that (read that somewhere) is not entirely clear. Anyways, they know from last year that they need to strike the iron while it's hot. The One X and Evo 4G LTE are strong competitors, unlike the lacklaster competition the GS2 had to face, so it's not going to be an easy cake walk this year around where they can afford to lollygag and wait around for 4 months until finally releasing it in the fall.

Hope I am right, can't wait to get this phone!

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised they have not even announced the locations and dates of this "tour" . Makes me think that some of these deals aren't finalized. Carriers dragging their feet on final specs or testing maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa