Want to kick Apple in the A@$...

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Like it or not, obtaining and protecting patents is part of the rules of the game. As the saying goes, don't hate the player hate the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Like it or not, obtaining and protecting patents is part of the rules of the game. As the saying goes, don't hate the player hate the game.

Except the patent system is completely broken and Apple is getting patents approved for things that already existed or had prior art. Now they are using the system but the system is what's causing issues. Either way Apple would rather sue to block competition rather than innovate now.

Reactions: Ry

ImSpartacus

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm really glad that there is actually a two sided discussion present in this thread. While I have used an Android device for nearly three years, I detest the childishly abusive Android community.

Before I thumbed through this thread, I thought the Android community was made up of mindless Apple-haters. Now I know that only most of the Android community is made up of mindless Apple-haters. Thanks.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm really glad that there is actually a two sided discussion present in this thread. While I have used an Android device for nearly three years, I detest the childishly abusive Android community.

Before I thumbed through this thread, I thought the Android community was made up of mindless Apple-haters. Now I know that only most of the Android community is made up of mindless Apple-haters. Thanks.

Well, clearly, it couldn't be ALL of the Android community, as you are a part of it (and I don't suppose you consider yourself a mindless Apple-hater). That being said, I don't think anyone's hatred of Apple's products is mindless. I think most people would agree that their hatred, like mine, arose from experience with their products. Same as people who hate Microsoft, or Android....

I, for one, have found the Android community to be a much better lot than the mostly smug, condescending, self-righteous Apple crowd.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Read any Apple/iPhone forum, the users there hate on Android just to hate on it, many never having even used it. If you try to start a thread just trying to compare the beloved iPhone to any Android device it's like throwing meat to a pack o wolves. They will just tear the Android device apart with hatred and obvious fanboisim. It's like that at any Apple site especially Macrumors. I frequent not only a bunch of Apple sites but several of the top Android sites. I always see more respectful discussion of the iPhone on these places. The bashing you see on Android sites is usually more to do with Apple's CURRENT business model of suing rather than innovating and competing. By the way, this was typed by a huge Apple fan. Been using Apple products since the IIe, have owned tons of Apple products and currently using a MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone 4S among others. Make no mistake, the Apple fans act like blind sheep and cannot entertain a respectful discussion comparing both iOS and Android devices while I see more than my share of respectful discussions on Android forums.

Actually they don't. I am on macrumors often. They use their devices & talk about their products. There are no android hating threads there like there are apple hating threads here in numerous number.

Reactions: ImSpartacus and Ry

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, clearly, it couldn't be ALL of the Android community, as you are a part of it (and I don't suppose you consider yourself a mindless Apple-hater). That being said, I don't think anyone's hatred of Apple's products is mindless. I think most people would agree that their hatred, like mine, arose from experience with their products. Same as people who hate Microsoft, or Android....

I, for one, have found the Android community to be a much better lot than the mostly smug, condescending, self-righteous Apple crowd.

I dislike companies as well. I don't go around creating threads that say I want their a$$ kicked. That's. Just childish. Who cares. Talk about android & move on.

ImSpartacus

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I have never seen an pure bashing thread on an iOS community forum. I'm sure they exist and I've never looked for one, but I feel overwhelmed by the frequency of such threads on Android community forums.

I came to this particular forum for SGS3 shipping reports (any Big Red users get their devices?) and case advise (Otterbox Commuter a good choice?), not pitiful threads like this one. When I get my device in the mail and it's configured, I won't be back.

Reactions: monkeyluis

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen an pure bashing thread on an iOS community forum. I'm sure they exist and I've never looked for one, but I feel overwhelmed by the frequency of such threads on Android community forums.

I came to this particular forum for SGS3 shipping reports (any Big Red users get their devices?) and case advise (Otterbox Commuter a good choice?), not pitiful threads like this one. When I get my device in the mail and it's configured, I won't be back.

Of course you'll be back. You came into this thread knowing exactly what you would find; the title said it all. And, since it seems some of you haven't actually read the thread: this thread was started at a time when Apple's anti-competitive behavior was seeking to block the sale of the S3 simply because they feel it infringes on their patents. Not that they've proven such a claim, mind you. They wanted a judge to take them at their word and keep every single person in this forum from getting their phone on time (INCLUDING YOU AND YOURS). So if some of you think that would inspire "mindless" hatred...well, somebody's certainly mindless, but it's not the haters.

Oh, and anyone claiming you don't see similar behavior or commentary from the Apple community...you're living on a river called De-Nile.

cmyers35474

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say one thing to all the people b*+&%ng about people downing apple.... GROW THE F@*K UP!!!! People disagree about what they like and are only here to voice THEIR OPINION which is protected by the bill of rights under the right to free speech. Soooooo until you figure out a way to take that right away from us, mind your own business and if someone posts something you disagree with, just ignore it. If you choose to not ignore it and feel you must reply, make your reply and let it go for God's sake .... don't keep going on and on and on and on ....... thank you and have a nice day

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I dislike companies as well. I don't go around creating threads that say I want their a$$ kicked. That's. Just childish. Who cares. Talk about android & move on.

I don't either, but to each his own. It's called freedom of speech, and if you knew what this thread was about, you might be a little more sympathetic to the OP, and many who felt the same way. I'm pretty sure people were just venting, and nobody was going to kick a corporation's @$$.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say one thing to all the people b*+&%ng about people downing apple.... GROW THE F@*K UP!!!! People disagree about what they like and are only here to voice THEIR OPINION which is protected by the bill of rights under the right to free speech. Soooooo until you figure out a way to take that right away from us, mind your own business and if someone posts something you disagree with, just ignore it. If you choose to not ignore it and feel you must reply, make your reply and let it go for God's sake .... don't keep going on and on and on and on ....... thank you and have a nice day

Hear hear!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Was waiting for someone to bring up "freedom of speech" on a private internet forum.

Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't either, but to each his own. It's called freedom of speech, and if you knew what this thread was about, you might be a little more sympathetic to the OP, and many who felt the same way. I'm pretty sure people were just venting, and nobody was going to kick a corporation's @$$.

It's also "freedom of speech" to disagree and call posters who post such nonsense "childish".

I like this thread though. It shows which forum members are able to have a reasonable and rational discussion.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Which is more fun... hating on iOS/Android or hating on the Yankees or Patriots?

I enjoy the latter far more. I like both OS'es. They have their place based on the individual.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's also "freedom of speech" to disagree and call posters who post such nonsense "childish".

I like this thread though. It shows which forum members are able to have a reasonable and rational discussion.

Of course it is. Just as those resorting to the same childish behavior, and are as guilty as those they accuse, are being called whiny and b***chy. So we're all just a bunch of pots arguing with kettles; at least I can fess up and at least not be a hypocrite.

BTW, as I already alluded to, the circumstances under which this thread was started, and it's title...you really thought this was a thread in which you would have a reasonable and rational discussion? Really?! Ooookee dokee then :p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Of course it is. Just as those resorting to the same childish behavior, and are as guilty as those they accuse, are being called whiny and b***chy. So we're all just a bunch of pots arguing with kettles; at least I can fess up and at least not be a hypocrite.

BTW, as I already alluded to, the circumstances under which this thread was started, and it's title...you really thought this was a thread in which you would have a reasonable and rational discussion? Really?! Ooookee dokee then :p

Book/cover.

The irrational are exposed.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Book/cover.

The irrational are exposed.

Yes, you were the moment you joined this thread to have a rational discussion with a bunch of emotional, peed off people. Not very rational, my friend. (BTW, have you actually "discussed" anything pertaining to the thread, other than to criticize its participants?)

Here though, I'll let you sleep better: you win. You are clearly a model of reason, intelligence, and everything that is good with the world; clearly on a superior plane. I will let your intellect continue to enjoy the foolish, irrational comments of the peons here, but as for me, I yield to you. Good night :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you were the moment you joined this thread to have a rational discussion with a bunch of emotional, peed off people. Not very rational, my friend. (BTW, have you actually "discussed" anything pertaining to the thread, other than to criticize its participants?)

Here though, I'll let you sleep better: you win. You are clearly a model of reason, intelligence, and everything that is good with the world; clearly on a superior plane. I will let your intellect continue to enjoy the foolish, irrational comments of the peons here, but as for me, I yield to you. Good night :)

I had a feeling you needed to have the last word.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

That's not what this is about at all. Those issues should be handled in the courtroom with settlements, not at the border. And even after the ITC decided there was no infringement, Apple re-submitted it to the courts in an attempt to delay the launch of other phones. They figure it's free for them, and they have nothing to lose. These are the dirtiest tactics that have been used in the smartphone wars so far, and it has nothing to do with protecting innovation. Go read what judge Posner thinks about the Apple patent trolling he just threw out of court.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19