How to stop galaxy s3 converting sms to mms using handcent sms.

kiwitanenz

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
GALAXY S3 MOBILE

1. Open a SMS msg in Handcent.
2. Go back one step to all your SMS (Must be in Handcent SMS App)
3. Menu / Settings / Send Message Settings / Auto Convert to MMS ? ( Uncheck!)

================ DONE! ==================

Shitheadsamsung

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Why does samsnung s3 convert to mms without confronting the user? I think this is a really bad solution. Why is there not an option? Normally people use sms when they want to send sms and if they want to send a mms then there is the option for the mms, this is as simple as it can get. This solution where it without any notice and not giving a option for sms converts the message is just really bad. But hey, what can you expect, it's a samsung.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
[b said:
[/b] headsamsung;2495840]Why does samsnung s3 convert to mms without confronting the user? I think this is a really bad solution. Why is there not an option? Normally people use sms when they want to send sms and if they want to send a mms then there is the option for the mms, this is as simple as it can get. This solution where it without any notice and not giving a option for sms converts the message is just really bad. But hey, what can you expect, it's a samsung.

Samsung does not auto convert to MMS, that was Handcent doing the auto conversion. But what can you expect from someone with " head" in their name.

GingerLizzy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It does autoconvert SMSes longer than 480 marks (3 * 160 marks - 160 is one standard sms lenght nowdays). And it is not only Galaxy S3 or Samsung's hardware 'problem' (depends who consider that a 'problem'. personally I also did prefer, and still do, original sms soft. even with its limitations, like lack of scheduling function, etc.)
This feature raised after Android 2.1 and I encountered I before I got my current Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Yet i Still did hope that ICS (droid 4), which was the initial version of my phone had no 3 sms restriction but I hoped wrong. Droid 4 and above since current latest update stll has the same limit. So if you wish longer smses as 480 marks you have to use some 3rd party app.

Some additional information.
Anything over 160 characters, technically, it is no longer an SMS. The stock Messaging app, and others too, allow for "longer" messages but it is just splitting up the messages in to 160 characters. In eclair (android 2.1) a message will be converted to an MMS after it exceeds 480 characters. At that point, the default Messaging app will no longer split up the messages, instead it just sends it as one MMS. If you are using a 3rd party messaging application and find that you are still being charged teh MMS rate, it may be that your carrier is grouping messages that come through "at the same time".