Galaxy S3 very hot in more ways than one!

EvoJok3r-7-

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I like what this technician said...lol

" jEYE 4 hours ago
Cell phone technician here. $20 says that he put it in a microwave. See it all the time. Phone gets a bit wet, people nuke their phone for a few seconds thinking it will dry it off internally. Phone ends up going pop and catching fire, but only where the micro coax and antenna couplings are. Screen will still work, phone still charges, but reception is gone. I call shenanigans."

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
What, it's easier to assume the phone spontaneously combusted around the charging port which reportedly wasn't even in use at the time?

Umm, I don't think anyone said "spontaneously combusted" and the center of the fire is off to the side of the charging port, not all around it. Nonetheless - I'm not arguing that he absolutely did NOT do something himself to cause it, just that none of us has enough information to say that "he did it deliberately", he's a "dumbass" and he's "sick in the head" as you two did. It may - or may not - ultimately be confirmed that this is user error of some kind - and even if it is, I think "he's sick in the head" is out of line, but that's just me being reasonable.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all the report said the phone was in the charger when it caught fire. Someone here tried to change the original story. if the cell phone caught fire so be it. We have heard issues of previous cell phones catching fire before as mentioned in this thread . Why assume someone is making false statements. Odd that someone who wants to make a point to let others know of a potential safety hazard. I'm sure we would all want to be aware so this might not happen to us.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
First of all the report said the phone was in the charger when it caught fire. Someone here tried to change the original story. if the cell phone caught fire so be it. We have heard issues of previous cell phones catching fire before as mentioned in this thread . Why assume someone is making false statements. Odd that someone who wants to make a point to let others know of a potential safety hazard. I'm sure we would all want to be aware so this might not happen to us.

You do not like Samsung phones and negative posts about the phones you are right there fanning the flames. You are not in this forum trying to help anyone. Please go back to HTC EVO LTE forums.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You do not like Samsung phones and negative posts about the phones you are right there fanning the flames. You are not in this forum trying to help anyone. Please go back to HTC EVO LTE forums.

Yes, I'm helping by informing about a potential hazard. I owned Samsung phones in the past so I also have knowledge and important information to offer. Just because I defended my current phone over a comparison with another cell user does not make my experience any less noteworthy. I see people who like Apple product constantly being slammed because they prefer a different type phone.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Good intelligent post. Thanks.
What makes your post any more intelligent than his? Poking fun at Apple for their litigiousness isn't so bad, is it? Your last 2 posts in this thread have done nothing but reveal the fact that your an Apple fan. Some people don't like Apple, that shouldn't surprise nor upset you.

Reactions: markhallyo

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
So who wants to burn an iphone 5 when its release and start a rumor that it catches on fire? seems like alot of blogs will grab the story and run just like whats happening with this one concerning the s3. does no one care about investigative reporting anymore?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
So who wants to burn an iphone 5 when its release and start a rumor that it catches on fire? seems like alot of blogs will grab the story and run just like whats happening with this one concerning the s3. does no one care about investigative reporting anymore?

I agree with you. Look you guys, just because one phone catches on fire in a freak incident doesnt mean every Galaxy S III is going to blow up. Samsung said they will investigate it because these kinds of stories surrounding a new product that is popular don't go unnoticed. So Samsung will conduct their investigation and its going to come down to one of two things or both. The GS3 owner was careless with the phone by using a non Samsung approved charger to charge the phone or the phone had some kind of defect.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's fine if it turns out to be false then so be it. If it doesn't then I'm glad we we're made aware of it. Might even had something to do with charging cord for all we know. The fact is you want know if it might be dangerous and could cause serious injury.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
That's fine if it turns out to be false then so be it. If it doesn't then I'm glad we we're made aware of it. Might even had something to do with charging cord for all we know. The fact is you want know if it might be dangerous and could cause serious injury.

Lol I know I'm scared to use my gs3

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow just finished reading through this thread and people are sure being assholes. Outright accusing and insulting the OP and bashing on the people of the Android community (like the EVO guy). Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Reactions: monkeyluis

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I imagine the story goes something like this:
"So there I am, cleaning my nice new GS3 with a combination of steel wool and kerosene, when all of a sudden without any warning..."

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What makes your post any more intelligent than his? Poking fun at Apple for their litigiousness isn't so bad, is it? Your last 2 posts in this thread have done nothing but reveal the fact that your an Apple fan. Some people don't like Apple, that shouldn't surprise nor upset you.

I am an apple fan & an android fan. I use both systems. I don't bash either side because I enjoy the both. Going around & bashing one over the other is childish & a waste of good forum space. There was no reason for it, this thread has nothing to do with apple.

Reactions: Mercury81

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
So lame you have nothing better to talk about.

Anyway, kinda funny after the android fanboys got all up in arms with heatgate on the iPad, which really wasn't an issue anyway.

Wait .... So I'm lame ? Or I'm the android fanboy posting on an android forum?
Either way I smell troll .... Thanks for playing

I thought you said I'm alright spider