anyone get a ready to pick-up email from best buy???

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
for all you getting ready to travel, just go to the BB store where you preorder and change the person to pick up the phone for you and then you can enjoy your vacation and not worry that you missed on the phone. it will be at your friend/relative's home waiting for you when you get back.

Pretty simple,

Ian B

staticradar

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Ian, I don't think you can do that when you're upgrading because in order to get the upgrade price you have to well upgrade and agree to 2 years more of service and only the person whose account it is can do that. I can't let someone else pick it up because of that. It's not like other preorders where you just go to the counter and pick it up and take it home. There's activations and contracts.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Quakertown, PA, so a fairly small market. I'm also calling Sprint stores around me to see if they have any just in case because I need a phone today if possible even if it means not getting it from Best Buy which would suck cuz i have $50 credit for getting a phone this year there.

I'm actually going to be in NYC tomorrow for my vacation, wonder if Best Buys will have any extra tomorrow I could get one there lol.

Really hoping this all gets sorted out soon it's stressing me out.

I know you want the phone and I understand your anxiety but seriously, it's just a phone! Don't let it effect you so much. It's not life or death. Enjoy your vacation.

Someone just posted that a best buy mobile manager said tomorrow's the date for Verizon...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Lol, either yoy read it wrong or I read a different post because the one I saw said a BB manager said they would get the VZW version on the 28th

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I know you want the phone and I understand your anxiety but seriously, it's just a phone! Don't let it effect you so much. It's not life or death. Enjoy your vacation.

Lol, either yoy read it wrong or I read a different post because the one I saw said a BB manager said they would get the VZW version on the 28th

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Nope I just went back and read it in the July 10th thread

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope I just went back and read it in the July 10th thread

I forget which thread I read the opposite in, but I imagine it all depends on which BB you call and who you talk to. We will know soon enough! ;)

I just called my BB in Spokane, WA and talked to an associate who told me they are getting their pre orders today around noon for Sprint and AT&T but no VZW ones until Monday.

Last edited:

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
*Hangs his head in defeat*

Just got off the phone with a representative at BB in Aurora, CO and they did not get their shipment in today (Sprint)! :banghead:

According to them Samsung has pushed back the launch date (we all know that is a misunderstanding) and they don't know when they will get stock in.

The only reason that I ordered through them was to get the insurance (have never had it on a smartphone but Sprint has had the yearly upgrade so it has not concerned me) which is so much better than Sprint's.

I think that I will now go wallow in my own self pity :) Then again I might as well put this day that I took off of work to good use and play some video games for the next 6 hours until my wife gets home from work :D

Hopefully only a week or less to go with my EVO3D.
Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was told at my bb that they would have the pre orders tomorrow and that came from corporate.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was told at my bb that they would have the pre orders tomorrow and that came from corporate.

I sure hope so... A day wouldn't be so bad, but a week or more would be no bueno. I just wish that they would make some kind of announcement either way. The uncertainty makes it worse.

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that nobody really knows the truth. Sure one of these 15 different rumors may be right but nobody knows which one. Until I see someone actually get the phone from Best Buy, I'm not going to believe any of the rumors.

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

staticradar

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm just gonna show up when they open tomorrow morning and hope for the best and if they can't give it to me yet I'll try to see if they can hold it til I come home. Just sucks I preordered so I could pick it up at a store in case of shipping delays since no one will be home for a few days to get any packages left. So gonna just cross my fingers and hope for the best and if not just enjoy my time in New York and deal with this all when I get back.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I forget which thread I read the opposite in, but I imagine it all depends on which BB you call and who you talk to. We will know soon enough! ;)

I just called my BB in Spokane, WA and talked to an associate who told me they are getting their pre orders today around noon for Sprint and AT&T but no VZW ones until Monday.

Mondays fine for me!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought Best abuy was going to be really one of the only stores to come through. Just like they did with the Evo LTE. Guess I was wrong. Called my best buy early this morning. The shipments didnt come and they told me they didnt know when it would ship but that they will email me when they do. Plan on calling again later though. Lol

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Same here mine told me tomorrow to. Said sprint sent them today overnight so they will get them hopefully around noon.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ian, I don't think you can do that when you're upgrading because in order to get the upgrade price you have to well upgrade and agree to 2 years more of service and only the person whose account it is can do that. I can't let someone else pick it up because of that. It's not like other preorders where you just go to the counter and pick it up and take it home. There's activations and contracts.

Ok, perhaps you can prepay the full upgrade price on the phone to guarantee they will hold it??? Not the full 699 retail price mind you. I think if you show your travel confirmation info they can work with you. If not the mobile mgr, the store mgr should. It is all about customer service but, with them closing stores left and right, they may not care about your business.

Good luck,

Ian B

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I just stopped in BB in LIC (NYC) and the guy said their shipment will be in tonight or early tomorrow morning and available for pick up on Friday. They only are getting enough in to cover the pre-orders.