My GS3 doesnt sync Facebook contacts

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant remember (I own a GS2) but I think it requires you enter your information into the samsung social hub. I may be completely wrong so take that with a grain of salt.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Probably worth mentioning for new android users but FB contact sync is not a native feature of Android. An OEM can include a solution of their own so your next device may or may not include this function. Nexus devices for example, require a 3rd party app to be installed for this to work.

steiale

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ich have the same problem syncing. Whenever I try to load my friendslist it says: content too large! I guess that is the reason why the friends can't by synced.

Any fix for that? Would like to have my FB contacts in my contacts list. My lumia and my BB 9900 can do that without any problem.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Did it and chose to sync with existing people in my contacts. ofcourse it did that absolutely terrible and I had to go in, delete 400 something contacts, join contacts, and clean it up. took about an hour maybe and a half. If Samsung says you have too many friends then trust me. You definitely dont want to sync with contacts.

steiale

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I would just need some linked contacts.. But when I search it just shows me other contacts than my own..

Is there any way to search contacs in facebook and link them to the local contacts?

Last edited:

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I would just need some linked contacts.. But when I search it just shows me other contacts than my own..

Is there any way to search contacs in facebook and link them to the local contacts?

i have not tried it but not sure you can link Facebook profiles to contacts the way BB does it.

what i have are my facebook contacts all on the GS3 and i link them to the corresponding contacts from my gmail manually

Bryn26

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
My FB contacts synced just fine. I have just over 300 friends and about half are displayed because they have a mobile number.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

daveonbass11

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Ich have the same problem syncing. Whenever I try to load my friendslist it says: content too large! I guess that is the reason why the friends can't by synced.

Any fix for that? Would like to have my FB contacts in my contacts list. My lumia and my BB 9900 can do that without any problem.

I have the same issue. I see from other posts you have 5000 friends, I have over 3000. Won't sync the friends list from the Facebook app. Or pages for that matter. The Seesmic App will sync my Facebook friends list fine, though. Hopefully it's a bug they'll fix with a future update...

Very frustrating :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana