Slip Case

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

Though I'm still waiting for Sprint to actually physically have the freaking phone, I'm looking for my case.

Has anyone seen cases like this (or this one in particular) in a local store or somewhere else? I seem to be having a hard time finding something like this (slip case w/ no belt clip).

35411.jpg

Slip Case / Pouch

It says this is a Samsung accessory, but it's not on the Samsung Mobile site. :-\

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks hoovhartid, I don't know why it didn't dawn on me to check eBay!! I'm wondering if anyone out there has one of these and can comment on it, particularly the interior.

I have this case - just no device (yet) to put it in. The case has a thin layer of felt inside of it.....I think it's very well made. I'm partial to the OEM type cases and if I had to complain, I wish it show the LED's while inside the pouch - like the BB pouches allow you to see the alert.

I ordered it from MobileFun in the UK but the US site will have them as well, but out of stock at the present time.

Reactions: insane42

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this case - just no device (yet) to put it in. The case has a thin layer of felt inside of it.....I think it's very well made. I'm partial to the OEM type cases and if I had to complain, I wish it show the LED's while inside the pouch - like the BB pouches allow you to see the alert.

Thanks ibcop, I think I'm really going to like this case. I agree about the LEDs, as that has bitten me many times w/ my Pre. I leave it in the case, and forget to slide it out every now and then, I miss notifications. At least w/ the GSIII the LEDs are at the top of the phone, so I can always slide it out just a little bit if I need to keep my eyes on the notifications.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ibcop, I think I'm really going to like this case. I agree about the LEDs, as that has bitten me many times w/ my Pre. I leave it in the case, and forget to slide it out every now and then, I miss notifications. At least w/ the GSIII the LEDs are at the top of the phone, so I can always slide it out just a little bit if I need to keep my eyes on the notifications.

I do like it - I scooped up the navy blue although they do offer two different color brown pouches. I'm not partial to belt clip cases and always used the pouch with my BB devices over the years. I'm just patiently waiting on Verizon. :D

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pretty close, though there's only so much you can do w/ a slip case. I prefer the OEM one as there's no belt clip. Although seeing the price of a genuine leather one so near the fake leather one is annoying, but whatever. :p

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the simple sleeve of the OEM case as opposed to the sleeve with the pull strap. I have found the pull strap to be more bother than it was worth in the couple of cases with pull straps I have purchased for other phones.. So I too have ordered the OEM sleeve in saddle leather brown. They were in stock so I should get in a week or so.

dnfrsr

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the Tech 21 case and couldn't be happier. It looks great and has a magnetic clip for the top.It also has a pocket in front where you could keep a credit card. Nice look to it as well.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the Tech 21 case and couldn't be happier. It looks great and has a magnetic clip for the top.It also has a pocket in front where you could keep a credit card. Nice look to it as well.

Tech21 does not show any cases yet for the S3. Do you have a link?

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I said I'd reply back once I got the cover, so here it is. :) No pictures, since the photo at the top of this thread looks EXACTLY like what I got. If I took another picture, it would look very simliar.

The case is a little thinner than I thought it would be, but is still fine. The inside is not a micro fibre interior, more like a fine "flocking", but not actual flocking. It should keep the screen just fine.

The box called this a "consumable", so I'm hoping it will last longer than a typical consumable would. It seems very well made and should keep for quite some time.

The fit is a bit tight, but I'm completely sure it will loosen up a bit after a few weeks of use.

I am pleased. :)

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the OEM case from Hong Kong via first class airmail. It is indeed the genuine leather sleeve from Samsung in Samsung packaging. It is a good fit (a bit tight but with leather it will mold and loosen in a short time). There are cut outs for the speakers and microphone. A cut out for the LED will be easy enough to create with a leather hole punch as it is very near the upper front edge that is the opening to insert and remove the phone.
The sleeve will not accommodate even the Rearth slim line case however. You will have to go with the naked phone just like the Samsung OEM sleeves for the Tab 10 and Tab2 - 7.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87