Device Vibration bug

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for other users experiencing this issue when I came across this (see below) posted on a Sprint Forum. It describes the bug in question.

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with my phone, or if it is an S3 issue...
?
I received my 16gb model on Thursday, and things are great so far.? However, for some reason I cannot get the device vibration setting to do anything besides 'basic call' even when I change it to ther others.? The way to change vibrate settings seem a little strange.
?
I know that there are the global sound settings, and then the internal Messaging settings (which I am most concerned about).? For example, in the global sound settings, I have Heartbeat enabled, and also Sound and Vibration checked off.? In the internal messaging settings, I have Vibrate -> Always vibrate when notified.? With these options, I am getting the Basic vibrate (one long vibrate) instead of heartbeat - this happens both when the phone has sound on, as well as when it is in vibrate mode.
?
Am I missing something very simple?? Or is this actually an issue?

I created and set a custom vibration, as the "basic call" vibration is much too intense for my liking. But just like this poster, my GS3 defaults to the basic call anyway. Is anyone else having this problem?

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for other users experiencing this issue when I came across this (see below) posted on a Sprint Forum. It describes the bug in question.

I created and set a custom vibration, as the "basic call" vibration is much too intense for my liking. But just like this poster, my GS3 defaults to the basic call anyway. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, very annoying, so far I can't find a fix, have you?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i "think" Light Flow" lets you alter the vibration intensity of each notification but dont quote me on it ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its not a bug,the phone is designed that way. I dont think you can change the notification vibration unless you root i think

Sent from my S3:)

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
i "think" Light Flow" lets you alter the vibration intensity of each notification but dont quote me on it ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

That would be my option but the messaging app I use doesn't play well with Light Flow. I haven't rooted and the app I have gives me a stock Android look without rooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38