My S3's Quadrant Score: 3000-3500

to.505

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to this forum; I did a quick search and wasn't able to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing with my Samsung Galaxy S3.
First off, I live in Canada and I'm on the Rogers network (i'm suspecting this might be my answer). I got my phone last Thursday from BestBuy, and this is actually my first smartphone. I started downloading apps and played around with it, but for some reason it just didn't seem that smooth (i read up on a lot of S3 reviews so maybe I have a high expectancy out of this phone?) This might be normal but I am just a bit paranoid because I'm quite unlucky when it comes to getting duds when I buy new stuff. I recently downloaded Quadrant and tested it out, I ran it 4 times (on the 3rd time I restarted my phone), and all 4 times my score came up to 3100-3400 only! I checked everywhere online and people are getting 5000+ average. Is this because of the network I'm in? Or is there something wrong with my phone?
Please help :'(

Thanks for taking your time reading this!

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Too many people put stock in a quadrant benchmark. That number would not make me happy or make me question if my phone is fine. Not everyone gets 5,000+. I rarely get over it. Sometimes it's 4800-4900. Even if it was lower I'm not going to want to exchange my device because people are saying they get higher.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just ran it and got 5015. I have Setcpu and the min and max setting for my cpu is set at 1512 MHz. I shut down any apps running in the background before I ran Quadrant.

to.505

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes my power saving feature is off. I closed all running applications including clearing ram and I tried running again: 3900. Does this sound normal?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, really appreciate it.