LED Color question

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have two S3's....one for me and one for my wife. I've only had them a couple of days and have been setting them up side-by-side.

For some reason, my wife's LED notification is a solid red when the screen is off (and not on when the screen is on). And I don't see any notifications in the pull-down. I've never seen my phone do anything but flash blue for notifications. And no, it isn't being charged when it's on.

Is there a guide at all to what the different colors mean (specifically why hers is a solid red)?Worried about it eating up the battery by being constantly on.

carlito.p

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing this with Whatsapp message notifications. Just shows a solid red (non-blinking) led. All my other notifications for texts and emails blink blue. I've tried to mess with all the settings and all I've been successful in doing is changing he color of the Whatsapp led, but still shows as a solid color. I've emailed the developers of Whatsapp, awaiting a reply...

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I believe there is a known issue with samsung implementing the alert led in a different way than most previous phones. This has caused many third party apps that use the led to have issues, Light Flow, among others. More info: Light Flow - Blog

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also had problems with the led but I like the phone so much I just turned the led off till a fix comes out.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S3

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone just did it too. Seems to be the Facebook notification. Solid red. Clearing the Facebook notification turned it off.

Can anyone else verify? I didn't think my wife's phone had a notification but maybe it did.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it does seem to happen with Facebook motifs. All other apps seem to trigger a blinking blue notification, but Facebook a solid red. Happens on both S3's we have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hathetran

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My is as follows

Flashing blue for texts
Solid red for Facebook notifications and when charging
Solid pink/purple for new messages in Facebook messenger
Solid green when finished charging

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

soljah12

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I get a solid purple for Hookt messages until I clear it. All other apps are normal blinking blue including Facebook.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Julius Stacy

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Solid red means charging when phone screen is locked. It will activate when using a power skin cover. To deactivate find led setting and shutoff led lights up when charging and screen locked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38