Review Cases/Screen Protectors Available in Stores(NotOnlineOnly)

DubM

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Going to be purchasing a GS3 and I don't have time to order a case and a screen protector online. For those of you who purchased your accessories at the same time you did your phone (in a retail store such as Best Buy, Radioshack, or any of the carrier specific stores such as Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T) could you please list which cases/screen protectors you purchased, which store you got it at, and what you decided to keep and what you decided to return. (Which things in stores are worth buying and which aren't).

Again this is to help people (like me) who are purchasing the phone in store and don't want to leave the store without protection and don't have time to order their ideal case/screen protector online before getting the phone.

Please don't talk about online-only cases and screen protectors.

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Review Cases/Screen Protectors Available in Stores(NotOnlineO

I purchased a moshi screen protector at the ATT store and used it for a few days. I liked it but then I saw an otterbox commuter case at bestbuy. So I put that on and the Moshi screen protectoer will not fit with the otterbox. So I put the screen protector on that came with the OB case.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I bought the Verizon screen protector so I would leave the store without one, but hated it. It made the screen look AWFUL. When the Zagg HD Invisishield finally came in at Best Buy, I had them install it and I can't even tell I have a screen protector on my GS3. It's awesome. Expensive but worth every penny. I had to wait and they didn't charge me for installation. :)

I bought the same case at Verizon that I had for my Galaxy Nexus, but I'm still looking. I want one with a kickstand that covers the corners in a pretty color. The only one Verizon had was a black one that comes with a holster. I don't use the holster but really like their kickstand. Just wish it was a little thinner, prettier color and covered the corners. Still shopping... I never found one I liked better for my Nexus. It does get easier to get on and off the more you use it. I change batteries VERY frequently.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Body Glove case at the Sprint store. Snaps on, snug fit. Works great.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought a white Belkin silicon case from the Verizon store and it sucks! I've only used it for about 2 weeks but the parts where my thumb and fingers hold the phone have turned pinkish. It also looks old and dirty real fast. I need to find a better case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

xxilikericexx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the screen protector from tmobile. Its clear and comes in a 2 pack. Had them install it and Ithink its a great protector for 15 bucks. Screen doesnt feel any different and you cant even tell its on.
For the case I got a 2 piece snap on from best buy. Got it in gray and it loks sweet with my white s3.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...3Dgalaxy%2Bs%26cp%3D1%26lp%3D1&token=65u-Hahn
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

After a while, adhesive screen protectors tend to peel and discolor whereas the Defender screen protector is built in and is not adhesive. It is also more substantial and not subject to discoloration providing a quality supplement to the GG2 while maintaining full screen gesture functionality. If adhesive screen protectors are not installed properly, they have bubbles which can alter the look of the phone.