Es File Explorer?

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You should use X-plore File Manager, a million times better then ES, and the best file manager around, IMHO....search for it in the market...

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
@Funky - go into the Settings and check the option for "Up to Root". From there you can then access the Ext SD card by going up one level (press Up icon) and clicking the "mnt" folder then clicking extSdCard ;) - it works more like Linux.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Those of you that like other file managers, what is it you like other than simply saying, "it's a million times better"?

With ES File Explorer the things I like are:

1. Built in file zipping/unzipping (multiple format support)
2. Ability to create shortcuts to any file type on the home screen (at least so far it seems any file type I've tried can be shortcutted)
3. Built in FTP server (I love accessing my phone via FTP, no grabbing a cable)
4. Browse up to root
5. Multi-select (can select and perform actions such as move, delete, etc) on multiple files at once.

If there are some cool features other file managers can do that ES can't I'd love to know. So far though it's been doing pretty much everything I need of it.

Rev.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Solid, but Fx file explorer is tops in my book.

NextApp makes great apps, well, they did, they haven't released anything in a long time... X-plore though just looks better, is faster, and has all the features I want and then some. Plus the two pane setup is actually a genius idea that makes things easier to work with for me. Either way both apps are good, and I like ES, don't get me wrong, I just feel X-plore offers the same, and is faster, light, and looks much better. With ES I would always have to re-enter my information for my LAN setup, and it was a bit slow moving through the network, where with X-plore I've had no issues... If your coming from ES I would suggest trying X-plore, you may fall in love like I did and never look back..

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Been a long time ES user as well and gave X-plore a try yesterday. Have to say, I seem to like it better. Seems easier to navigate and seems to work a little quicker. And it is easier to use on LAN.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I personally like "Bluetooth File Transfer"--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=it.medieval.blueftp&token=dRLieLaA
For my needs of a File Explorer App it's fine and has a couple things I quite like about it:
-has a name that at quick glance (by prying eyes) through my Apps doesn't look like a File Explorer App
-can be set to view / not view ".no media" folders and files

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
NextApp makes great apps, well, they did, they haven't released anything in a long time... X-plore though just looks better, is faster, and has all the features I want and then some. Plus the two pane setup is actually a genius idea that makes things easier to work with for me. Either way both apps are good, and I like ES, don't get me wrong, I just feel X-plore offers the same, and is faster, light, and looks much better. With ES I would always have to re-enter my information for my LAN setup, and it was a bit slow moving through the network, where with X-plore I've had no issues... If your coming from ES I would suggest trying X-plore, you may fall in love like I did and never look back..

I think ES File Explorer is great. I've never had to re-enter my LAN information or had any slowness there. Could be network setup, though.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think ES File Explorer is great. I've never had to re-enter my LAN information or had any slowness there. Could be network setup, though.

As to the network creds being lost at times, it's a bug they hadn't fixed that some users experienced, at least that is what their support had written me at the time.. I haven't had any issues with X-plore on those fronts though..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
@Funky - go into the Settings and check the option for "Up to Root". From there you can then access the Ext SD card by going up one level (press Up icon) and clicking the "mnt" folder then clicking extSdCard ;) - it works more like Linux.

Rev.

excelent thanks mate :)

jjb-54

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay - I fully admit that I'm new to Adroid. I installed ES and it looks "cool" ... but here is what I want to do - I want to 'drag-n-drop' my music into my Asus Pad Music Folder. I know, I'm likely over thinking this .. but no matter what I try/do - I'm not seeing how to drag-n-drop onto my Asus? What am I NOT doing right ... since I'm well aware that 95% of the issues is Users Ignorance ... :)

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site

X-plore does look very nice, but I've never tried it. (I thought I had but I was thinking of a different app)

I used ES for years and then recently tried Fx and it was really no comparison. ES is perfectly functional, but Fx is just easier to use and nicer looking to boot. Plus the cloud service integration (which it looks like X-plore has too) is really slick. I love being able to push files to/from dropbox, my google drive account, etc. After using Fx for a while ES seems very clunky by comparison. If I ever get tired of Fx I will give X-plore a try.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
mmm X-Plore does look nice :)

ya there are quite a few file managers out there, some with more feature sets then others, but for the top ones, they typically all have the same features, they just go about it differently... X-plorer just looks really nice, is fast, gives you access to everything and then some and is constantly updated. I switched about 5 months ago to it, and was so impressed I donated $10 to the creator... it is that good... But certainly stick with what works for you, but if you ever want to try something new, now you know which to get, and I'm sure you too will fall in love with it.. :)