Any MEASURABLE delay with mhl or wireless video output?

Buji

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi y'all.

I'm currently participating in a program at work where we are testing thin client remote connectivity for our desktops, and my current device, an htc rezound, works great paired with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse as a desktop replacement, with one caveat:
The mhl output on the rezound has just a little bit of delay to the video. This isn't noticeable at all unless you know what you are looking for, or are using a mouse. So, when you are just outputting video or just typing on the kb, you would never notice, but if you use a mouse you feel like it's sluggish and it causes you to overshoot and just overall breaks a mous-ing interface.

I presume that this is because the rezound's mhl mirroring is controlled by the cpu and is not a hardware function, but that is merely a guess.

I would expect that the wireless hdmi output for the sgs3 and htc one etc would have a similar delay, just because of the nature of the media and transmission, but I wonder if anyone could test to their mhl output on the sgs3 and see of they noticed the same delay. I would be extra appreciative if they could also verify normal hid mouse profile with a bluetooth mouse, as this seems to be hit and miss on phones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress