Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the doc shortcuts, but you can do website shortcuts. And the other stuff you mentioned can be done on iOS, play any video file, play any audio file, access files on sd cards. If you don't know how to do this then you didn't research. So I don't think you really had an iPhone.

Right on cue. I swear you three must have some little alert program set up for AC that goes off whenever someone mentions Apple.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Right on cue. I swear you three must have some little alert program set up for AC that goes off whenever someone mentions Apple.

It's a widget on my S3.

Just helping to correct misinformation. Just as I would if it was about the S3 or Nexus 7 tablet I have.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the doc shortcuts, but you can do website shortcuts. And the other stuff you mentioned can be done on iOS, play any video file, play any audio file, access files on sd cards. If you don't know how to do this then you didn't research. So I don't think you really had an iPhone.

Uh, I had an iPhone 3G for 2 years smartass. And who cares about websites, if you're on the train *underground* in NYC or NJ you can't get a data connection so it helps in a number of situations to have something like a 2MB PDF located on the phone and not have to repeatedly download it off the interwebs. Not to mention it wastes your data plan available bandwidth having to repeatedly access the same file over and over again. I sometimes reference PDF beer recipes on my phone. On my iPhone I needed to keep visiting the same website whereas on my Android phones I can download the file to an SD card and reference it immediately. Maybe NOW with iBooks you can store pdf's, but not when I had my iPhone 3G. And that still doesn't fix all the other files I use and still wouldn't be able to save or email on an iPhone even today.

Rev.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Uh, I had an iPhone 3G for 2 years smartass. And who cares about websites, if you're on the train *underground* in NYC or NJ you can't get a data connection so it helps in a number of situations to have something like a 2MB PDF located on the phone and not have to repeatedly download it off the interwebs. Not to mention it wastes your data plan available bandwidth having to repeatedly access the same file over and over again. I sometimes reference PDF beer recipes on my phone. On my iPhone I needed to keep visiting the same website whereas on my Android phones I can download the file to an SD card and reference it immediately. Maybe NOW with iBooks you can store pdf's, but not when I had my iPhone 3G. And that still doesn't fix all the other files I use and still wouldn't be able to save or email on an iPhone even today.

Rev.

You're the one who mentioned websites. And there have been many PDF readers before iBooks. I did it when I had an iPhone 3G. At that time wasn't the 3G only on AT&T and still had unlimited data, yes I believe so. So data plan waste wasn't an issue. Wow. Well, whatever, I guess it doesn't matter now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Rev.

You can download pretty much any file and open it on your iphone these days. You can save them easily.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You can download pretty much any file and open it on your iphone these days. You can save them easily.

Sure you can do most of these things nowadays on an iPhone as the App Store is huge. The caveat though is you need dozens of apps to do all these things. You need an app to play .mkv files! You need an app to attach other file types to your emails! You need an app to have the phone act as a flash drive!

It's still lame. And there still are plenty of things that are locked down that you simply can not do even with all the apps on the app store.

Rev.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
It's a widget on my S3.

Just helping to correct misinformation. Just as I would if it was about the S3 or Nexus 7 tablet I have.

Only if you consider any vague slight against anything made by Apple misinformation. Good to know that you folks in the Apple Police are hard at work here at AC.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can do most of these things nowadays on an iPhone as the App Store is huge. The caveat though is you need dozens of apps to do all these things. You need an app to play .mkv files! You need an app to attach other file types to your emails! You need an app to have the phone act as a flash drive!

It's still lame. And there still are plenty of things that are locked down that you simply can not do even with all the apps on the app store.

Rev.

... So? A bit above you said that you couldn't. Now you're saying you can, you just need an app. Make up your mind!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Rev.

I hate to contribute to the opposition, but in my opinion, having a jillion apps that make your phone work just the way you want it to is what make ANDROID great.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
... So? A bit above you said that you couldn't. Now you're saying you can, you just need an app. Make up your mind!

Uh no, I said there are still tons of things you still simply cannot do on an iPhone that you can do on an Android. I've listed many things many times and of course you ignored all those posts. Ho hum. And you and your spam club that keep supporting iphone on an Android forum always like to tout the "just works" BS, but how does something just work if you need a bazillion apps to do what a stock Android phone can do? Come off your high horse already.

Rev.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The processor is all new.

The camera is all new.

The os has significant improvements.

Size isn't everything. If that's the way you're measuring if a handset is improved, you might as well bow out of this conversation now.

Who cares about nfc? I haven't used it once on my s3.

Again, who cares about removable? It wasn't ever a possibility, so there's no point in bringing it up.

Again with the size? Bigger does not equal better, or significant.

Going by the metric you yourself used, the 5 is a significant update.

Dude get the fruitphone and shut it lol

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Dude get the fruitphone and shut it lol

If bigger wasn't better Apple wouldn't have touted how big their screen was as opposed to Blackberry in their ads back in the day and Apple wouldn't have increased the screen size on the iPhone 5. It's what people want, get over it.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If bigger wasn't better Apple wouldn't have touted how big their screen was as opposed to Blackberry in their ads back in the day and Apple wouldn't have increased the screen size on the iPhone 5. It's what people want, get over it.

Thank u bro lol i wanted a bigger screen but didn't wanna lose Wimax until lte is fully functional in Chicago so i bought my epic and ill say the extra .5 inches this is over my ns4g is really noticeable idk if i could handle the old note but would get one anyway just off bragging rights lol

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Uh no, I said there are still tons of things you still simply cannot do on an iPhone that you can do on an Android. I've listed many things many times and of course you ignored all those posts. Ho hum. And you and your spam club that keep supporting iphone on an Android forum always like to tout the "just works" BS, but how does something just work if you need a bazillion apps to do what a stock Android phone can do? Come off your high horse already.

Rev.

The point is that you CAN do 99% of the same things, and you have many different options for doing them since they're app-bases. Just because it's an option through a variety of different apps doesn't somehow make it inferior than having it baked into it. For many users, having that option is BETTER.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They touted it because 1)it was touch based and 2) bigger, higher resolution screens were still a rarity. Bigger does not automatically make one device better than another.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The point is that you CAN do 99% of the same things, and you have many different options for doing them since they're app-bases. Just because it's an option through a variety of different apps doesn't somehow make it inferior than having it baked into it. For many users, having that option is BETTER.

99%? Really? Sorry you lost your place in line pal. 80% if you are lucky and I don't care if you count apps. I just went to share a website and I am able to share the link with 24 different apps and social media services and i don't use twitter or linked in so those weren't on the list.

This is 1% of what you can't do.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
99%? Really? Sorry you lost your place in line pal. 80% if you are lucky and I don't care if you count apps. I just went to share a website and I am able to share the link with 24 different apps and social media services and i don't use twitter or linked in so those weren't on the list.

This is 1% of what you can't do.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Copy and paste. I'm assuming you've heard of that. The function is different, but the end result is the same. The fact is that you CAN do it, you just don't seem to want to admit that the two OSes are as close as they are with functionality.

Oh, and you must be aware that ios 6 allows much greater sharing of data between apps, right? And that it will get even more expansive when developers include the API hooks in their updated apps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress