Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Bahaha, Apple's got nothing this year. I'm probably going to get the new iPod touch though (please don't hurt me). Plus, Apple made a bad move with LTE. Samsung and HTC are gonna jump on them and give them a taste of their medicine.

Sent from my HTC One X

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Selling my S3 for the iphone 5. See ya guys.

Just kidding. Bahahahahahaha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The spec are nothing to write home about but they will sell ten million for two reasons.

Apple fans are like us, they want the latest, no matter how cruddy it is.

The second is now they started a class system within the apple sphere. Those with the 4'' screen and everyone else

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Plus, Apple made a bad move with LTE. Samsung and HTC are gonna jump on them and give them a taste of their medicine.

Sent from my HTC One X

I'll believe it when I see. Such an empty threat.

All it takes is one possible infringement for Samsung or HTC to block Apple's LTE products but when you actually add up the LTE patents from Apple plus Qualcomm, who's probably providing hardware, and EMC, Ericsson, RIM, and Sony - all in an LTE patent consortium together with Apple - Apple has a great mathematical chance to defeat a Samsung or HTC lawsuit.

Not sure if Samsung or HTC would want to open up a can of worms.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Think the hype had a huge backlash. So many of my friends was hoping for a home run and got struck out. I'm only laughing now because they are jumping ship.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree!

I'm not anti-apples products.....I'm anti-apples eco-system!! Let me do whatever the F$%& I want with MY DEVICE/PRODUCT.....period!!! This is the sole reason why I have never owned an apple product.....not even their claim to fame first gen ipods. If Android ever becomes restrictive like apple, I'll ditch them too!

You can do whatever you want with an apple product. An android device with carrier bloatware and hardware manufacturer skins is no better. If you've never owned an apple product then your statement has no merit.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Think the hype had a huge backlash. So many of my friends was hoping for a home run and got struck out. I'm only laughing now because they are jumping ship.

How could the hype have had backlash. There was no hype. There were leaks of the device and that's what we saw today. They just confirmed most of the rumors. What else can they do. It's nearly impossible to keep a secret now-a-days.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see. Such an empty threat.

All it takes is one possible infringement for Samsung or HTC to block Apple's LTE products but when you actually add up the LTE patents from Apple plus Qualcomm, who's probably providing hardware, and EMC, Ericsson, RIM, and Sony - all in an LTE patent consortium together with Apple - Apple has a great mathematical chance to defeat a Samsung or HTC lawsuit.

Not sure if Samsung or HTC would want to open up a can of worms.

Isn't LTE under FRAND also? That's my understanding.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How could the hype have had backlash. There was no hype. There were leaks of the device and that's what we saw today. They just confirmed most of the rumors. What else can they do. It's nearly impossible to keep a secret now-a-days.

Exactly.

These leaks are hype killers.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So... What do we think? I looked at the specs for the new iPhone 5 and I don't think it compares to our beloved SG3 in my book...

It doesn't, I have no idea what "genius" at Apple decided to go with 1136x640 screen res instead of a well used standard of 1280x720. Any 720p video would no longer have a crystal clear 1:1 pixel mapping but would be downward interpolated - pretty poorly too given the odd resolution it has to interpolate to.

iP now has a battery that will last 225 hours on standby on a single charge. For the SG3, ours blows it out of the water at 770 hours standby on a single charge!

770 hours for the S3? Buuulll crapp!!! My phone just sitting idly with the screen off on standby drains approximately 1% per 2 - 2.5 hours. That gives me a maximum standby time of 250 hours, and I have a hunch the phone shuts down before it hits 1%. It's still a great standby time of nearly 10 days, though I've never tested it in reality over this time frame - and BTW I don't have any constantly syncing apps whatsoever.

iP now has dual core we have quad core.

Not my S3, mine is dual core - US version. But so what? I really don't need quad core power in my phone for what I do with it. If you play Call of Duty type first person shooters with modern graphics then yeah I can see the need but I can't play that type of game on a phone with touchscreen controls anyhow.

What else?

Nothing really, totally boring Keynote honestly.

Rev.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
iPhone doesn't need quad ore when the hardware and software are so tightly integrated. My iPad 1 still runs smoother than my galaxy s3 & has better battery life.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

For my friends that were interested in the iPhone they were hyped over it. I spent the last few weeks hearing them getting hyped up from the leaks alone and hoped Apple had more up their sleeve to one up the SG3/HOX/Note 2. I guess people who are on sites like this won't feel the hype but for people who are causal about it and don't look into the rumors or leaks might get hyped up easier.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol how is u comparing a tablet to a phone applehead my 8 yo brother can master apple products NO THANK U:D I prefer android tech

Sent from my Nexus S 4G rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh and yeah if a tablet has a better battery than a tablet, you can color me shocked. Smoother, no way

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
iPhone doesn't need quad ore when the hardware and software are so tightly integrated. My iPad 1 still runs smoother than my galaxy s3 & has better battery life.

I didn't need a dual core on my Droid 2 cause it ran perfectly fine as is. If you honestly think Apple is the only company that can program efficiently you need your head examined. Android is Linux based, and one thing Linux was always well known for is it's ability for lighter programming code than that such as Windows.

Rev.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
In case you were responding to me read the last past of my post over again. I clearly stated I don't need a quad core processor on my S3, I also didn't need a dual core on my Droid 2 cause it ran perfectly fine as is. If you honestly think Apple is the only company that can program efficiently you need your head examined. Android is Linux based, and one thing Linux was always well known for is it's ability for lighter programming code than that such as Windows.

*EDIT - looking back at your post I'm now realizing you were probably replying to the same person I was - so my bad duder.

Rev.

Android on a google developed device works great. My nexus 7 works like that. On my GS3, not so much. My iPhone 4s and iPad still run smoother. It is like taking windows and just installing it on a machine. The manufacturers don't work as hard to have that tight integration.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

REALLY NOW?! Is your iPad 1 still on the original software? Because I got rid of that thing when the new iPad came out. Safari would crash with a few tabs open but even when it ran properly, it had to reload tabs after 2 were open. RAM was so limited so it couldn't keep more than a web page or two in memory.

The music app constantly crashed as it tried to load my iCloud library. Again limited RAM support meant that even when it did work properly, it took at least 30-45 sec to become usable again.

I mean yeah there's an advantage to hardware and software integration but that's overstating the case by a large margin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress