[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

chrismage

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

Hi Im on wind mobile in Canada and still no jellybean update on my new s3 .. anyone know when itll be out?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Hi Im on wind mobile in Canada and still no jellybean update on my new s3 .. anyone know when itll be out?

I don't know for sure, but it should be soon. If you are not new to Android, you can always go for a rooted custom ROM (in case you don't wan to wait).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All, we here at iBOLT are starting to get a bettter grasp on the missing car-mode and aux-out features in Jellybean when used with a car-dock. Based on our current understanding (please correct this if anyone know anything different...) the following is the situation:

1. For any Jellybean formally released by any US or Canadian Carrier the car-mode and aux-out will work properly, this was proven when Sprint launched the Jellybean version a few weeks ago. The upcoming release for AT&T, Verizon and others will also have these features properly incorporated. This means that if you have a car-dock, type the iBOLT version we are offering for sale online or in Verizon stores you can safely continue to use it or buy it if you have not yet. So essentially it appears that Samsung US (headquarter in TX) is on the ball and know what they are doing so let's not yell at them anymore...

2. The International version of S III is essentially a completely different phone as it's using a different processor and is even slightly different in size. The firmware implemented in this version is derived from the Polish JB version, where Samsung has a big software Team. That is also why the Polish version is 1st out when new JB releases starts rolling out. As the development of this JB version is done independently from the US version they have different feature sets. Many US consumers have purchased an unlocked phone, which would by default use a European firmware update instead of US carrier specific. Many US advanced users have also rooted their phones and are downloading the Polish/German/UK version of JB, or a non-official version of some kind and they are pretty much without exception missing the car-mode and aux-out feature set. Based on multiple contacts with Samsung customer support representatives in Europe we have high hopes Samsung Poland will turn these features on again in the next release but no guarantees of course.

I hope the above makes sense? A lot of information with good news for North American drivers and "please hold" for our European friends

Dont know about the rest but im fairly sure all s3 are the exact same dimensions,...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

dgcyears

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

My phone is locked to Orange Romania carrier (ORO) can i make it to be an international version? I wanna update it to 4.1.2 faster.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

My phone is locked to Orange Romania carrier (ORO) can i make it to be an international version? I wanna update it to 4.1.2 faster.

No, you cannot make it to be the international version. However, you may load an OS that will work on your type of hardware. No, you will most likely not going to break the warranty IF you load it using kias (yes you can do it) like some of us did on Telus/Rogers using Bell ROM last time with 4.1.1... In other words, the flash custom ROM counter won't flip...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Id guess Romania uses the GT-i9300? No?

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

dgcyears

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
yes, anyway, I've easily updated my phone to 4.1.2 with odin, I used vodafone's software and it works perfectly it kinda lags, but it ain't such a problem :d.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Im usin o2 network official 4.1.2 firmware n its not bad, got a quadrant result in the 6XXXs and doubled my download speed.
Its like theyve shot JB with steroids :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its just me but i aint received the 4.1.2 update yet...nor has my software update message changed to that queuing one...just says latest software is already installed im in UK and my S3 is unlocked...anyone else got this issue???

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the 4.1.2 update for S3 is pushed at a faster rate (may be because it is similar 4.1.1). If anyone have info on ETA for Canada, please let us know.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Dont think its out for the unbranded yet mate yet again.
I flashed the o2 version til it comes out
@Nek
if u remember, could you pm me when non-cariier version is released please mate.
Dont like havin an o2 phone lol :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the 4.1.2 update for S3 is pushed at a faster rate (may be because it is similar 4.1.1). If anyone have info on ETA for Canada, please let us know.

Tbh, i think its more different than 4.1.1 than 4.1.1 was to ICS.
the performance enhancements are pretty shockingly impressive

MERRY XMAS!!!X

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
@Nek
if u remember, could you pm me when non-cariier version is released please mate.

Thats what i thought but every1 i know whos got an unlocked S3 have received their update. Thats why im wondering whats going on with mine and if anyone else is having this issue

- - - Updated - - -

@Nek

Thats what i thought but every1 i know whos got an unlocked S3 have received their update. Thats why im wondering whats going on with mine and if anyone else is having this issue

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
0I cant find it on Sammobile n the o2 boot screen makes me wana puke lol

Is your phone completely stock Nek

MERRY XMAS!!!X

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add a Google now shortcut to the homescreen? I'd rather have an icon on homescreen instead of having to hold the home button down

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add a Google now shortcut to the homescreen? I'd rather have an icon on homescreen instead of having to hold the home button down

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Depends, do u use voice?
I use Custom Ics Search widget and make everything transparent except the microphone, takes u straght to Now voice rec'
There may be a Now app though.
Id start new topic :thumbup:

Ps, holding down the menu button left of home button takes u straght to Now

MERRY XMAS!!!X

Mitch Mccomas

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have 2 s3's and they both received a forced update from verizon for jellybean. Now they work like 10 year old junk, they both say 4.1.1 when I look to see what os they are running. Ive called verizon and samsung and both told me there is no way to put them back to 4.0.5 does anyone know how I can put them back? This new software is junk, its slow it drains my battery and it just has a lot of other problems. If they cant be swithced back I will trash them and find some that haven't had the update. Any help would be appreciated.

sks1612

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 unlocked to all networks.

With the launch of the new Jelly Bean firmware, I tried installing the new firmware through my phone by tapping on the SOFTWARE UPDATE VERSION, IN RETURN IT SAID NO UPDATE FOUND.

So then i did that through KIES and it does not pick up the new firmware so I am still stuck on the Ice Cream Sandwich.

PLEASEEEE could any one out there help me out?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what country u in mate?
is it the US or global model?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer: