searchbar shortcut in notification bar?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone know of an app that does this? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
nope. It's a great idea though mate. With expandable notifications coming in jerky bean it would be even cooler if the results showed up there.

I have a jail break on my iPad2 like that except it's specifically for searching cydia (the main source of everything jail break)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aye it would be mega handy especial with local/universal search (hope the US get that back)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You could root and remap some buttons (say, double-tap the home button to bring up search instead of S-Voice).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You could root and remap some buttons (say, double-tap the home button to bring up search instead of S-Voice).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

yeah that would be great man :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you hold down the "menu" button (the one to the left of the home button)... it will bring up a search menu.

i know bro but i want it for while im in an app ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
basicly i still get local/universal search so its v handy for launching an app or finding a contact so id like to do it from within an app instead of returning to home.
this is why im gona study app develoging in the jail, keep having ideas.
gona be hard without a dev' device. wonder if theyl let me install an emulator on the pcs?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I get the local/universal search feature here int the USA. The search on the notification bar would be rather cool feature.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ur not the average US user though ape boy lol ;)
p.s do u know the difference between ape and monkey mate?
p.s, any1 who doesnt know, Google Gesture Search app does local search even on phones where its been removed ;)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The long press on menu feature works within apps. It's samsung answer to a dedicated search putton like HTC phones have. Try it in something like amazon or ebay to test

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The long press on menu feature works within apps. It's samsung answer to a dedicated search putton like HTC phones have. Try it in something like amazon or ebay to test

Google search doesn't come up. That's searching the actual store app. Didn't know I could search the Amazon app like that though. But it's not what he is taking about

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah for example when i long press on AC forum app now nothing happens.
in home screen it searches amazon coz i have amazon app and local search hasnt been removed in UK

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah for example when i long press on AC forum app now nothing happens.
in home screen it searches amazon coz i have amazon app and local search hasnt been removed in UK

I actually tried to get the guy who made the rom I'm running to incorporate a Google search while holding menu whether on the home screen or in an app. He said it should be fairly easy but I think he's forgotten. 2 rom updates since then. Nada. I'll try to remind him before he comes out with the jelly bean update. That+ Google Now would be amazing.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
defo bro.
im actualy surprised an app dev' hasnt made some kinda not' bar shortcut yet though. might even suggest to the "wave control" dev to include it in his app...
these are the ideas i should be keeping stored in my brain lol :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks to Soundtrack To Chaos, ive found a great workaround (great app alltogether)
hard to explain but get the free version of "dock4droid" and add "search" as one of the "launchers" in settings.
its basicly the slickest task manager iv ever used. u can hide the blue launch area and make the launch area very thin to avoid hitting it by mistake (youll understand if you try it)
cheers for the find Chaos ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87