Keyboard - 4x3 Number to Letter Map

sotoh

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've locked myself out of my SIII. I setup the phone's security password (252719) using the 4x3 keyboard. The numbers were apparently mapping to one of the letters (e.g., 2 would actually type either a,b,or c). :(

My son reset the keyboard to the QWERTY(?) view with the letters/numbers separate. I've tried mapping the numbers to the first letters (ajap1w) :'(and it's not working. I don't know what letter to use for the 1. None of my "mapped" passwords are working and I'm down to 2 tries before the phone resets itself to factory default. :'(

Does anyone know what letters are the default in this situation? Is it the second letter for each one? What does the 1 map to?

Thank you!
Hilda

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's case-sensitive, or which characters would be generated by default, but it would be worth trying AJAP1W.
Other than that I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
on my keyboard, 1 is a ' but its not the stock keyboard. what keyboard did u use?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

sotoh

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out!!! The letters do map to the first letter (e.g., ajapw); the #1 maps to a period (.). That 1 was the problem. Thanks! :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
congrats mate. bet that was a heart stopper ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty