Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Then maybe read my posts more carefully. As mentioned earlier, I am using Email 4.1 (jb).

Quoted text is NOT editable. The outgoing account is NOT editable. The app and account that is used when using the cool voice command to "send an email to Bob Jones" is NOT editable!

I'm using ICS, and quoted text and the outgoing account is DEFINITELY editable. I do it every day.

You don't have to be condescending. I read your freaking post and I volunteered to help, but forget it.

Last edited:

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I went with the galaxy 111 for two reasons. I hate iTunes and the fees. I wanted navigation and free music thru gtunes. That's it. I had the droid x. Never rooted and won't on this one.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
This thread is going to get locked. Too many people pointing fingers and calling names.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I went with the galaxy 111 for two reasons. I hate iTunes and the fees. I wanted navigation and free music thru gtunes. That's it. I had the droid x. Never rooted and won't on this one.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

try n find a youtube downloader that downloads as mp3 and youll have a wealth of free music mate.
i use Tubemate but dont think its in play store so you have to search elsewhere :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I do not own either phone. I'm actually still rocking a Galaxy SII (rooting running JB)...

SGSIII and IP5 are both awesome phones in terms of hardware, and both are running awesome software, though very different...

My biggest problem with Apple (for me, a relatively tech savvy person) is how they limit what you can do. Be it not being able to change a hard drive on certain macbooks without first taking it in to an apple store, being forced to use Itunes to sync with my phone, and having to use proprietary cables/accessories.

I get that some people want a device that works, and nothing more. I get that some people don't have time to mess with,customize, or personalize a device, and will pay a premium for hardware that might not really be the best available (not bad by any means, but good luck upgrading the specs on any apple device).

To put it simply, on principle, I'd keep my GSII and my freedom, up against pretty much anything apple puts out, regardless how great the hardware is.
I wouldn't buy a car, if I couldn't change the brand of tire, use different oil, add an intake if I want (not saying I would, just want to be able to).... SOOOOOO... Why would I buy a phone from a company that decides everything for me...

Btw this isn't neccessarily pro-Android, but pro- do what I want with what I buy... which Android lets me do the most of... for now anyway

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not being a fan boy to point out that the flare is caused by a rookie photographic mistake. I can replicate purple flare on any digital camera if I want to. One of the first rules of photography (right after check the battery and before make sure the lens cap is off) is "don't point the camera directly at a bright light source".

Apple effed up the maps but the camera flare was user error being pawned off as an excuse to rag on Apple.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

So all these people that went from the 4S to the 5 were delusional when they started seeing the purple hue? I have shot my SGS2 into sunlight and I can certainly get a lens flare, but I don't get a purple tone at all.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't even understand this post. He was saying something that's actually true. I'm gonna guess you quoted the wrong post.

If you read his last 400 posts like i have you would know what I am saying. I appreciate quality comments but he is a iphone defender at all costs. Just saying.

The iphone 5 camera is great but the purple hue is a problem.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If you read his last 400 posts like i have you would know what I am saying. I appreciate quality comments but he is a iphone defender at all costs. Just saying.

The iphone 5 camera is great but the purple hue is a problem.

I can relate to the first part so can alot of other people. But at least he isn't the only one.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The 4S has purple flare too. Most phones do when you take a photo of a strong light source. Super expensive DSLRs do too. It's user error, which is why they responded the way they did. (Should be common sense not to take a picture of a really strong light source in-frame or just out of frame, but apparently it's not.)

Well they compared the 4S to the 5 camera, taking the same photo and the 4S did not have a purple flare but the 5 did
121002030313-iphone-5-purple-story-top.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Even tho I have read and seen where the purple flare can be common, doesnt explain this:

Camera comparison: Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X vs Nokia Lumia 900 - Night Shots, Macro, Ease of use and speed

2nd n 3rd row of shots. Or this:

Apple iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 (Camera Test) Part 2 - YouTube

Starting at the 2: 56 mark, shows the iPhone 5 with purple halo issue while the GS3 doesnt have it.

And this:

Annoyed by the iPhone 5 purple lens flare issue? This case can fix it

The case says it all. Visual evidence says it all. Its common, not an issue, but there's a case that can fix the non issue. Someone did post a site that showed purple on the 4S, but it was plain to see the 4S wasnt as purple as the 5. Thats part of the point. If whatever lens or material Apple used causes it, I just lump it in with the black splotches of Amoled screens. If its software related, so be it. Btw.....when I tried to duplicate the purple on my RAZR pointed at a light bulb, I saw white or yellow...not purple...like in that first link I posted. Thats also part of the point. Every camera phone doesnt have this issue. Maybe the RAZR back gets rid of it. I see a lil raised ring around the lens

Lol why would u need a case to fix something that should be working out of the box? especially to fix a camera flaw

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I do not own either phone. I'm actually still rocking a Galaxy SII (rooting running JB)...

SGSIII and IP5 are both awesome phones in terms of hardware, and both are running awesome software, though very different...

My biggest problem with Apple (for me, a relatively tech savvy person) is how they limit what you can do. Be it not being able to change a hard drive on certain macbooks without first taking it in to an apple store, being forced to use Itunes to sync with my phone, and having to use proprietary cables/accessories.

I get that some people want a device that works, and nothing more. I get that some people don't have time to mess with,customize, or personalize a device, and will pay a premium for hardware that might not really be the best available (not bad by any means, but good luck upgrading the specs on any apple device).

To put it simply, on principle, I'd keep my GSII and my freedom, up against pretty much anything apple puts out, regardless how great the hardware is.
I wouldn't buy a car, if I couldn't change the brand of tire, use different oil, add an intake if I want (not saying I would, just want to be able to).... SOOOOOO... Why would I buy a phone from a company that decides everything for me...

Btw this isn't neccessarily pro-Android, but pro- do what I want with what I buy... which Android lets me do the most of... for now anyway

The majority of the populace here on planet earth prefer to be in the Matrix. There are only a few Neos (tech savy/adventurous people) out there compared to the masses. And be careful....there are a few Agents here that fight HARD when you talk bad about the Matrix! :cool:

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Coming from someone who used Android for years before I moved to my first iPhone this year, iPhone 4S, I can tell you that iOS is a better OS than Android, hands down. iOS is more stable, much faster and smoother no matter what each phone specs say, in fact, specs are irrelevant when you compare an Android phone to the iPhone. I used Android phones with monster specs and they were laggy and unstable when compared to the iPhone regardless of the iPhone device or iOS version.

Fragmentation is also a major reason why I dumped Android for iOS, I got tired of waiting for an update while other Android devices get the update. And finally the quality of the product, when you use an iPhone you feel that you are using a quality product, quality built product. You cannot say the same thing about the GS3.

Just my personal opinion!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from someone who used Android for years before I moved to my first iPhone this year, iPhone 4S, I can tell you that iOS is a better OS than Android, hands down. iOS is more stable, much faster and smoother no matter what each phone specs say, in fact, specs are irrelevant when you compare an Android phone to the iPhone. I used Android phones with monster specs and they were laggy and unstable when compared to the iPhone regardless of the iPhone device or iOS version.

Fragmentation is also a major reason why I dumped Android for iOS, I got tired of waiting for an update while other Android devices get the update. And finally the quality of the product, when you use an iPhone you feel that you are using a quality product, quality built product. You cannot say the same thing about the GS3.

Just my personal opinion!

I hate to tell you this but just last night, I was with my good buddy in his brand spankin new Honda CRV and he had his i-phone 4s linked up via bluetooth and when he was looking for a particular song on his phone, it lagged and froze on him. Any idea why so I can help him out with the problem?

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I hate to tell you this but just last night, I was with my good buddy in his brand spankin new Honda CRV and he had his i-phone 4s linked up via bluetooth and when he was looking for a particular song on his phone, it lagged and froze on him. Any idea why so I can help him out with the problem?

I can only speak out of experience and what I said in my post was my experience, in fact, after I got my iPhone I dumped my $400 android tablet and got an iPad and gave my tablet to my 4 years old son so he can watch Netflix on it. Every time I have to help him with something on that Android tablet I flinch because of how laggy and slow his tablet is.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I can only speak out of experience and what I said in my post was my experience, in fact, after I got my iPhone I dumped my $400 android tablet and got an iPad and gave my tablet to my 4 years old. Every time I have to help him with something on that Android tablet I flinch because of how laggy and slow his tablet is.

I asked for your help with my friends lagging and freezing iphone with bluetooth enabled....not your inability to fix Android devices. Any idea?? Serious question!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No, no idea because I have never experienced that, truly!

Thanks anyhow!

Any former iphone users experience problems with bluetooth and lagging/freezing on their iphone 4s?? I guess I'm asking in the wrong forum. Will I be able to get help on this is my next question, lol!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
And here we are, just like every other claim of saying "X Os always outperforms Y Os, hands down!" I seriously am waiting to know specific examples of why... One guy says iOS is "smoother" and "faster", I want to know specifically how? I mean I have used both and I don't think either os outperforms one another in the sense of being faster or smoother.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2