Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i believe u but i found the response kinda funny too :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can write on pics too. I bet n a month she won't use that s pen. it's like a stylus, u use it for a while then stop cuz it's a pain n the butt getting it out. I'm glad she likes it. Samsung makes good products. I had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks, it wasn't activated, but it still came on......

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

What app do you use that lets you write on pics??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What app do you use that lets you write on pics??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

It's called picsart or picsay. A lot of photo editing apps let u write on pics. I have both of those, just can't remember which one I use for it. I'm sure they both let u.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i just use Meme Generator lol. my handwriting is like a 2yr old with tourettes ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah? :eek: So, hell_on_heels (btw, are those 5.5, 6 or 7 inchers? ;) ), you "had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks," huh? Wow! :cool: Hmmm. That's...well, that's amazing. I have to hand you that.

But . . .

I once had a cell phone (my first, back in 1989), that was so primitive I had to set this hubcap on a track up high so it would roll down and into a vortex where it went around and around before dropping through a hole and falling down and hitting a pan which landed against and triggered a cuckoo clock, and when the cuckoo popped out, it pushed this little weight that fell on a lever that hit the bulb of a horn, which tilted a little platform so a hamster could run out and jump on a treadmill which spun a graduated set of gears that turned a bicycle wheel with little sprockets sticking out of it that arranged an old telephone dial to dial my Grandmother. . . .

. . Hello? Who's there?. . . .

And when she answered, it closed an electrical loop which pulled the trigger of a pop gun that hit a helium tank which inflated a balloon that expanded really big before it burst, scattering ping pong balls everywhere that naturally scared the dog sleeping on the kitchen linoleum causing him to run really fast in place, transmitting a vibration through the linoleum floor to the drainboard where it shook the egg that was balancing on a spoon and the egg would fall down and land right in the hole of a full roll of toilet paper activating a butterfly lever which flipped a switch that sent out two mechanical robot hands that dropped a bowl of Jell-O out a window and onto the back covered porch landing on one side of an old scale so the other side shot up knocking-over a broom handle that would fall sideways turning on the knob of a hot plate that a chicken was standing on causing it to fly off and onto a keyboard with a corn kernel on the letter Q and when the chicken pecked the Q key it sent an electrical current through the airwaves (one of the very first primitive OTA cellular radio signals) to a Jerry-rigged radio-controlled starter on an old antique generator at the foot of one of The Great Northwest's earliest cell tower Transmission Control Headquarters (commonly known as a: CTTCH), triggering a mostly simultaneous transmission of a walloping 1G AMPS signal. . .but it still came on so somehow it gave me a mostly pretty good signal for approx. 20-30 miles each side of the I-5 Corridor! :)

Lol. That was awesome. I didn't take this to just slam the other post. Great fun. Loved the effort and creativity.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol. That was awesome. I didn't take this to just slam the other post. Great fun. Loved the effort and creativity.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

ditto :)
sounded like one of my post ecstasy rambles (ramblings?) :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I can write on pics too. I bet n a month she won't use that s pen. it's like a stylus, u use it for a while then stop cuz it's a pain n the butt getting it out. I'm glad she likes it. Samsung makes good products. I had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks, it wasn't activated, but it still came on......

I'm using my S pen more and more now. It really the enhances features of the phone. It is very different than using the stylus in previous years.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my S pen more and more now. It really the enhances features of the phone. It is very different than using the stylus in previous years.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Yeah, I've heard it's nice. I can't upgrade again for a yr n a half...... ugh. We may be changing companies tho, and if so, That's what I'm gonna get, unless There's something better n a few months. I'll see. May check out the s4

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone know a free android app where i can zoom in and alter a pic right down to one pixel level? (no stylus)

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Further proof that the SIII is great is that it's now the worlds number 1 smartphone, topping the iPhone 4s. Of course the iPhone 5 will catch up but it's amazing none the less!

Sent from my Nexus 7

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Its all about screen size and android. Android lets you do much more with sharing easily. I can just get things done faster on android. If you use your phone for the basics, Facebook, texting, email twitter then either will do fine. iPhone may even be preferable. For me the screen size is an issue. I'm tired of squinting at the iPhones screen.

OneBadPete

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I did and i totaly regret it its bin apps crash after apps crash now its touch wizz thats going bad android made a few patch update but it went bad after a short time after ,technology wise its ahead of Iphone but for apps flow its not to dependable ,onless they come out with some new bios this phone will become a paper weight ...Now its the touch wizz apps thats went bad its the most important when it freeze cant do nothing not even aswer the phone ..If you check the forum on Galaxy S3 you will find ton of user having the same problems , Samsung not doing much to help !!!.Dont get me rong i like the phone but dont realy like the nonstop crash with no aswer I delete most of the suspected apps install a good antivirus but no aswer yet .....

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I did and i totaly regret it its bin apps crash after apps crash now its touch wizz thats going bad android made a few patch update but it went bad after a short time after ,technology wise its ahead of Iphone but for apps flow its not to dependable ,onless they come out with some new bios this phone will become a paper weight ...Now its the touch wizz apps thats went bad its the most important when it freeze cant do nothing not even aswer the phone ..If you check the forum on Galaxy S3 you will find ton of user having the same problems , Samsung not doing much to help !!!.Dont get me rong i like the phone but dont realy like the nonstop crash with no aswer I delete most of the suspected apps install a good antivirus but no aswer yet .....

I haven't had any of these issues. Also you can check the forums of any phone and see loads of complaints.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Why s3 is better,

1. Processor better
2. Better/same camera
3. Better screen 720p HD and bigger screen to view more
4. Android is more customizable
5. More features in s3

Why iPhone is better,

1. Gpu is fast as it doesn't have to power many pixels
2. iOs 6 is simple so if you like simplicity then that's for you.
3. Small screen if you don't like big screens
4. Thin and easy to hold

So it's up to you but thats all I can think of

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
True HD is 1080p...so no phone does True HD. Also you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the iphone 5s resolution and the S3 resolution and anyone that knows about displays will tell you this. Now you'll see the difference in the display since the SG3 is pentile and uses AMOLED display and the iphone 5 uses IPS LCD screen. Test have shown the iphone 5 display is better and so has other benchmarks test.

No. "True" HD is what the HD spec says, which allows 720P, 1080i, and 1080p.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

What are you talking about, I haven't experienced any of these issues. Even with the release of the note two, the s3 is still well supported by Samsung.

Btw anti virus's for android have been proven by independent security firms to not be needed. Once again I will state android can only get viruses if you install a malicious app from the play store( or from outside sources, which I advise against ), for that to happen you have to click install and then agree to install again. If people are too stupid to read the comments section and look at the apps rating then they shouldn't be downloading the app.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums