Best way to root an International Galaxy S3 + install Jelly Bean on a Mac?

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I was planning to wait for Jelly Bean to come out via my carrier update but it looks like it will definitely take a few more months to come out, so I would like to root my International S3 to install Jelly Bean (and also get the many benefits of rooting). Has anyone here done it? Is there a good article/tutorial available that shows how to do it on a Mac?

Thanks in advance!

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
One suggestion would be to do away with the mac completely, root your phone and install mobile odin pro, and then install the fimware using the phone. Other option would be to bootcamp into windows and then do it from there.

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
One suggestion would be to do away with the mac completely, root your phone and install mobile odin pro, and then install the fimware using the phone. Other option would be to bootcamp into windows and then do it from there.

Thanks for the info. Mobile Odin Pro is $5 bucks, I rather not pay if it is possible. I have Windows XP and 7 on virtual machines but I was suggested this article on another board which explains how to do it on a Mac:

How to Root Galaxy S3 on Mac OSX! | Galaxy S3 Root

Will try it later today.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
UK unbranded JB is out today mate. try Kies if you cba waiting for OTA :)

EDIT sorry man, just realised youre carrier locked :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
UK unbranded JB is out today mate. try Kies if you cba waiting for OTA :)

EDIT sorry man, just realised youre carrier locked :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Thanks, I rooted my S3 and installed the latest Cyanogenmod 10 with Jelly Bean. I followed the steps in the link I posted above and also the instructions on this thread:

[ROM][GT-I9300][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds - xda-developers

Went by quite smoothly, having fun now with a more pure Android experience and a faster phone! :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can see me flashing soon man :)
thats like 5months ive been a good boy n kept my s3 a virgin, experienced TW JB... now im gettn itchy feet lol.
my main issue is im terrible on computers lol :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38