Task Manager Question

ChaosX533

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay so, this is the first smartphone I've ever owned so sorry if this is obvious.

When you hold down the "home" button on the Galaxy s3, a menu comes up that shows apps running I think. If you swipe these to the side or hit "remove all" you can close the application/'s. The only thing is.. after closing all the apps or clicking on "remove all" it goes back to the home screen. Is there a setting I can turn on so that it stays there? Im asking because I normally go to clear the cache right after.

It's not a big deal but would be helpful since I'm trying to close everything that is running as much as possible to conserve battery life.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You can go to settings>developer options>background process limit>set to desired number of background processes(0,1,2,3,4,standard)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay so, this is the first smartphone I've ever owned so sorry if this is obvious.

When you hold down the "home" button on the Galaxy s3, a menu comes up that shows apps running I think. If you swipe these to the side or hit "remove all" you can close the application/'s. The only thing is.. after closing all the apps or clicking on "remove all" it goes back to the home screen. Is there a setting I can turn on so that it stays there? Im asking because I normally go to clear the cache right after.

It's not a big deal but would be helpful since I'm trying to close everything that is running as much as possible to conserve battery life.

Swiping the apps off the list or tapping "remove all" does not close any of the apps. That list is just a list of recent apps, not open apps...swiping them away or removing them only removes them from the list. It doesn't close anything. If you want to actually close running apps, tap the "Task Manager" button that's next to "Remove All." A new window will open showing your currently running apps. Tap the "End" button beside an app to close it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
theres also a really handy widget "ICS data booster" that does same job with one touch (works on JB too) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)