Ruined SD card

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well my GS3 is 2 Months old and ruined my sd card. It appears that this is a known issue. If it is, I want my phone replaced with a 32 gb version. Am I nuts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well my GS3 is 2 Months old and ruined my sd card. It appears that this is a known issue. If it is, I want my phone replaced with a 32 gb version. Am I nuts?

How did it ruin it? Just curious as I have an sd card in mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It just stopped being recognized. It's a known issue. Not sure if it's all androids or just the GS3. Now the card can't be read even in a computer.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What card was it? Sammy will only replace sammy ones.
The cards OEM will replace it.
The s3 is well known for it :(
Google couldnt just tell samsung to destroy sd cards for them lol

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It was a SanDisk class 10. Amazon replaced the card but I'm not risking losing pics again.
I love my phone, but I can't honestly recommend it to anyone as long as this is an issue. It will also be my last Samsung. I mean, just don't even put a card slot on the phone if it's not gonna work right. At least then ppl will know to buy more internal storage.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to stay away from all the SanDisk UHS-1 Class 10/6 32GB/64GB microSD cards. All of these microSD's were in the $100's but one day SanDisk started doing fire sales selling them at 50% off and now you can find the 64GB one at ~$40. Something may be faulty with their current batch that is being sold. But others are having problems with other brands also.

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had one fail on me, right from the get-go. I have not had any other issues with it. I use dropbox so I have a back up of my camera pictures (it was free after all). I don't care about the music on the SD since I have all of that on my PC.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a SanDisk SDHC 32gig go bad on me.
At first I could transfer files from the PC to it using a USB adapter, then it would read as being full. Formatting did no good, as it did the same thing.
Finally, the phone refused to read it as being in the phone. I contacted SanDisk about it and got an RMA. They sent me a new one yesterday.
I did mention to them that there are a lot of people having their phones trash the cards.
Go to the SanDisk website, create an account, and register your cards. It will help with replacements.

In the meantime, I bought a SanDisk SDXC 64gig card for the phone. It's formatted exFAT from the factory. Before installing it in the phone, I turned it off and removed the battery.
Put it in, replaced the battery, and turned it on. The phone read it correctly, and I'm (so far) good to go.