Micro SD Corrupted with JB update Please help retrieve data

Daynadc

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please help me?
Here is the issue:
Background:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone that I transferred my micro SD Card into from my previous smart phone. About a month ago I realized that some of the pictures were corrupted and called verizon they told me to put the sd card in the old phone and see if I could delete the corrupted pictures. Did that, the card went back to working as I was used to it working. I then had a friend download some music to it. That also worked fine until verizon sent out the Jelly bean update. When the phone turned off and then back on after the update, the phone gave me an error message that said the SD card is damaged. I immediately took it out of the phone and put it aside.

Current issue:
So today I purchased a card reader, New micro SD card and came home and downloaded Recuva. So far everything is great. All the files, I care about came up in the directory with little green circles next to them. (All the music and my 5 sms back-ups) I then hit the recover icon at the bottom of the screen and the data gathered. Then it never recovered over to my c drive or to the flash drive (memory stick) that that I put into one of the other ports. I keep getting 1 or 2 messages. The one I am seeing the most is " The parameter is incorrect" the other one I am seeing is that the memory is not ready for the data. I am now at the point where all I care about are the 5 sms back ups. The music can be reloaded later. files are called sms-"date backed up and a string of numbers".xml

(first thing I did was to run the computer in CMD mode and run chkdsk :/r and then chkdsk :/f neither of these two could complete the run though the card. It crashed as unreadable after about 50% of the files were read. )

So question is do I need to buy recuva to actually recover my data or am I doing something else wrong? Please help.

Or is there something else I should be trying?
Thanks so much in advance

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty