are you glad you have the S3

daves1600

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I am 3/4 of the way in getting an S3 but would like some opinions on it from new owners. I have a BB 9810 Torch now but want to switch to the android system and not sure if that is wise. The BB is ok but the android seems to be stepping out and picking up momentum. with the BB I can link my email (Hotmail and Yahoo) and follow that on my phone but I think the S3 will do that also but since I am an older guy and just learning all this techie stuff and want to know. I rely on my phone to connect me with both my internet and remind me of my schedule/appointments. thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I am quite happy with my SG3. But I hated my corporate BB so I might not be the best person to ask. There are a number of threads here from ex-BB users. Search on Blackberry or BB and you'll probably find them. Some ex_BB users seem very happy with Android, some just can't seem to accept that Android does things very differently. There are some things BB's do that Android doesn't really have a match for. OTOH, there are a great many things Android does than BB can't.

If you're willing to learn a new way of working, I think you'll like it. If you expect things to work just like a BB, only with a bigger screen and extra features, you probably won't.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, this phone has been amazing. I had the Samsung Captivate before this (AT&T variant of the original Galaxy S), and it's a world of difference. The Captivate was laggy as hell, locked up a lot, turned itself off, and had a rotten GPS. The Galaxy S3, OTOH, has been stellar. I've had mine for six months now, and it's still lightning fast, runs every app I throw at it (and runs them quickly), and generally just works great.

I tried my hand at keeping up a small tech blog, but got bogged down. Still, I wrote a couple things that might interest you. One is a review of the Galaxy S3 for normal people, and the other is why I chose Android over iOS (I'm historically a Mac guy). If you're interested, give them a read. (Note: in my GS3 review, I hammered it for lousy low-light photos...that has since been greatly improved...I should probably update that article to reflect that).

Reviews for Normal People: Samsung Galaxy S III | Gizmo Sauce

How an Apple homer ended up with an Android | Gizmo Sauce

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I love it.
LTE is wonderful.
The smooth performance and multitasking is slick and appealing.
The screen is huge, HD and sexy. Just the way I like it.
Great battery life with minimal drainage.
Not to mention a thin form factor alongside a stylish red?
Yes, I am satisfied with this $32 purchase.
(I got it refurb from at&t on contract for $30 during a holiday sale)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my S3! I probably would have picked a Nexus 4 or the Note2 if I hadn't gone with the S3.

The size is big but is wonderful for browsing and playing games. The phone has a lot of dev options and customization. The JB update made it even better. Google Now and googles voice interface is sick as well. The camera is pretty good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my S3! I probably would have picked a Nexus 4 or the Note2 if I hadn't gone with the S3.

The size is big but is wonderful for browsing and playing games. The phone has a lot of dev options and customization. The JB update made it even better. Google Now and googles voice interface is sick as well. The camera is pretty good as well.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you'll notice negative is that the battery will last half as long as your BlackBerry. BUT the Galaxy S3 still has good battery life in comparison to other smartphones.

Besides that.. the Galaxy S3 is gonna make your BlackBerry look like it's 20 years old! lol

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had BB for approx 7 years. My bold 9930 had a hardware issue 2 months ago. I was forced to get a new phone.

instead of getting a refirb I decided to give GS3 a shot since ive heard good things. Dam glad I did. I run a business and while I loved BB, still do, this device is off the charts!

after you customize it to your liking you will love this thing...jump in with both feet, you wont be sorry!

all this coming from a hardcore BB fan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez