Why system animations sometimes stutters so much?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
It is supposed that with Jelly Bean and the so called "project butter" helps a lot with the system animations and not to mention our S3 monster hardware, I'm using the Nova Launcher instead of the stock Touchwiz and I see that with Nova there are less animation stutters, but with Touchwiz sometimes this is irritating. Don't get me wrong I love Android but I admire the smoothness with iOS even with slower hardware.
Cheers,
Alex

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can try turning on the developer options and mess with the animation speed which could help.

I use Nova Launcher as well.... But honestly most people don't like TouchWiz. Why would you care about it though if your using Nova? Just curious.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359141939734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359141939734.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 25

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't want to root my phone just yet to see how it goes with stock Android. The look and feel of stock Android for me is far better that's why I'll be considering a Nexus phone sometime in the future. I really like the stock Android.

And for the other guy's reply please calm down, my crap has no price ;-)

Alex

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
To the OP go into developer options (just as almeuit posted) and go to "window animation scale" and set it to 0.5 and do the same for "transition animation scale" set it to 0.5. I did this the other day and it's lightning fast now!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I didn't notice any "stutter" in animations with stock TW or Nova. If you're seeing significant lag or stutter, it probably means you've got some sort of background process running that's using up lots of CPU. What apps or widgets have you installed.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Mostly the usual stuff Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Netflix, Tapatalk, SwiftKey a couple of games and tools, perhaps the bloatware from Claro but I disabled it. Anyway the question was more a curiosity of the comparison of both Touchwiz and Nova that I find it way smoother in the animation department and that's why sometime in the future my next phone will be a Nexus because of the stock Android, you know I like a lot stock Android without launchers and stuff, call me a purist.
Thanks,
Alex

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
In the scaling, i like zero for the top one and .5 for the other two :)
No need to root, just use Nova. Sammy software is gash :)

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Once theres an AOSP rom i trust, ill be flashing it and il kinda have a nexus :)
Next phone i buy if its as cheap as the N4 will maybe be a nexus although i really dont think i could live without expandable storage on a phone :(

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't want to root my phone just yet to see how it goes with stock Android. The look and feel of stock Android for me is far better that's why I'll be considering a Nexus phone sometime in the future. I really like the stock Android.

And for the other guy's reply please calm down, my crap has no price ;-)

Alex

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Everything I suggested requires NO root by the way....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can try turning on the developer options and mess with the animation speed which could help.

I use Nova Launcher as well.... But honestly most people don't like TouchWiz. Why would you care about it though if your using Nova? Just curious.

U got screen filter on in that screenshot bud?
Jst seems mega dark..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress