Factory reset.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I need to do a factory reset been having a few problems. So I will need to reset. My only problem is kies is utter rubbish and won't detect my phone. Every time I turn the thing on it has million of updates. I need to back up my apps contacts etc.
How do I do it with out using kies?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're not rooted... and if you got your apps through Google Play, your apps will be there again when you sign back in. For your contacts a Gmail account is your friend. Your contacts are stored online and will sync back when you sign back into Gmail.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try something like MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro (there's a trial version) to backup your SMS/MMS, call logs, etc. It'll also backup your contacts if you don't sync that with Google.
Unfortunately, you can only backup app data (game progress, etc) if your phone is rooted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have just taken everything off and put it on my external harddrive and exported my contacts tonmy sim. Though if I had duplicate numbers they didn't copy. So no big deal. My apps were already backed up in my google account. Phone seems to be a little smoother now and the battery is better but its not even been a day yet. So hopefully if will be fine. Just need to tweak settings etc and sort out my contacts. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums