NFC and S Beam Issue

Vet69

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
[/FONT I have just purchased another S3 for my wife and tried to to a file/data transfer from my google play music list to her phone. I turned on the NFC and S Beam, put both phones together and then tapped my screen to transfer the music files to her google play music, but no transfer took place. Can someone give me some guidance as to why this is not working properly? Any advice is appreciated and I thank you in advance!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to do it from within the Play music app. Open the Play Music app, open the playlist or song from the app, then touch phones with the app still running

Vet69

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
smooth, thanks for your post. I tried that, including individual songs and it still didin't work. I had WiFi Direct on, Android Beam on, NFC on, and S Beam on. I could touch the phone and it vibrated, but didn't xfer the music in the google play list app. Any other suggestions?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
smooth, thanks for your post. I tried that, including individual songs and it still didin't work. I had WiFi Direct on, Android Beam on, NFC on, and S Beam on. I could touch the phone and it vibrated, but didn't xfer the music in the google play list app. Any other suggestions?

After touching phones and feeling the vibrate did you touch the screen?

You bump, feel vibrate, touch screen once (it should tell you to do so) after touching it look at the screen see if it says in progress or whatever it says when you send things.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Does ur wife have it on too? It has to be on for both phones... Does it work with a picture? Try it with a photo from Gallery and see if it works.... Also make sure she has the music app on her phone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Vet69

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
smooth, thanks for your help! My wife and I both have the Galaxy SIII and have the same apps. I opened my Gallery and her Gallery and successfully transferred pics. But when I have Google Play Music app opened on both phones, I tap the screen on my phone, feel it vibrate, but nothing further happens. It doesn't give a "transferring files" message. Guess I'll have to take it back to Verizon to see if they can help me. Thanks again for our help!

Vet69

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Aaaahhh! Problem solved! I stopped by my friendly provider today and the person told me that I was trying to S Beam from the Google Play Music which is an app. He showed me how to go into Music Player, which comes hard loaded with the Galaxy, select one song and when it starts playing, hit the pause. Then you can pair the phones and transfer one song at a time. Could be a lengthy process since I have over 230 songs in my collection, but my will be able to pick the songs that she wants from my collection, then download whatever ones that she wants. Smooth, thanks for your advice, you were right, we just weren't in the same place to do the transfer. Take care, Vet69.

Taylor7617

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Seems like an extremely lenghty process to do this one-by-one. Wouldn't it be easier to simply connect each via USB to a PC/Laptop and transfer music files over?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non