Case with Samsung 3000mAh battery?

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Which case would fit nicely, must be durable and thin (not the super thin and flimsy silicone cases) with the Samsung galaxy s3 3000mAh extended battery (EB-K1G6UBUGSTD)?
37556.jpg

Thanx

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's always the difficulty with these extended batteries, even the OEM ones - finding accessories that it'll work with.
I like the hard plastic holster design that clips on the belt, and it's rare to find one that accommodates the extended battery (although Verizon finally came out with one for my trusty Thunderbolt).
But it's always something - you find a case, then it doesn't fit in the bedside dock, or your car dock.
Good luck with that (I just finally got a 10,000 mAH battery pack and use that if I'm somewhere without a charger).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

fripfrop

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your buy. Can you please measure the actual thickness of the battery? I cannot seem to find this information anywhere!
The original battery is 5mm thick and I want to check if I can fit the new battery inside my UAG case with the back cover removed.

If they have used the same tech, is should be (roughly) 3000/2100 x 5mm = 7mm. But even a single millimeter counts!

What mileage are you getting out of it? Has it gone up from let's say a day to 2 days and the intervening night (since we don't really use the phone at night)?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations on your buy. Can you please measure the actual thickness of the battery? I cannot seem to find this information anywhere!
The original battery is 5mm thick and I want to check if I can fit the new battery inside my UAG case with the back cover removed.

If they have used the same tech, is should be (roughly) 3000/2100 x 5mm = 7mm. But even a single millimeter counts!

What mileage are you getting out of it? Has it gone up from let's say a day to 2 days and the intervening night (since we don't really use the phone at night)?

I'll add in my 2cents. I got the battery on Thursday. After going through a couple cycles, it has gotten better. I am a very heavy user, so my OEM battery lasted about 8 hours on a normal business day. 14-16 on the weekend when usage is lighter. I'm also in an LTE area. Charged the battery around 2pm yesterday, still going strong today @74%. I'm very pleased so far. And it adds a bit of protection for the camera. The cases that I had do not fit. So I'm using it naked right now. Haven't had much luck finding one.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Check Amazon. I got a Hyperion extended battery 3500 for my Gnex and they had a TPU case that fit it perfectly. I exclusively use TPU cases anyway, so it worked out perfectly for me.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
did you ever find a case?

i am in the market for the s3 and want the samsung extended battery. currently my Galaxy Nexus has the extended battery, and i rock a case mate POP! case on it with no back plate and it fits perfectly.

i found 1 thread (now lost), where someone said the seidio active stand case will work with the s3 with the extended battery, if you do not use the back plate. but it looks a bit thick because its a 2 piece case.

i am considering the POP! case for the s3 to use the same way, but im not sure if it might be too thin? and the pop case looks like it might not wrap the phone as well without the back plate. if any one out there has experience please let me know. i think i might just order both cases to compare. just don't want to pay for return shipping on the one i don't want.

thank you.